Quantcast

Queue?

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by HugheJass, Jul 31, 2013.

1. HugheJass

HugheJass New Member

I was playing a movie in Netflix through my Chromecast, then I wanted to play a Youtube video. The movie was running when I hit the cast button in Youtube, but the video didn't start playing immediately. Should it take over when you play a new video? Or does it get set up as some sort of queue or playlist?

Also, is there a way to "close" an app? Netflix has a stop button as you're casting your video, but it hasn't been responsive.

I heard from someone in another forum that each item you send to the device should instantly kill the currently playing video. Seems like that's my answer, but let's see if we can confirm this.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Casting from YouTube (while Netflix streaming), it should take over right way (& Queue Netflix movie).
    If you go back to Netflix (while YouTube streaming) and resume the same movie, it should take over right way (w/o tapping Netflix's cast button)
    If you go back to YouTube (while Netflix streaming) and resume the same video, (you need to tap YouTube's cast button &) it should take over right way ......

So, you may call it queue for Netflix but not for YouTube.

Netflix stop button (white square button on the left of FW/RW red bar) works fine. You may need to reboot your phone/table.

Looks like every app works slightly efferent.

Have fun :)