Quantcast

Questions about using the NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by gullit, Dec 19, 2012.

1. gullit

gullit New Member

Hello,

I just bought this recently and I have a couple quick questions on how to use it.

1) Am I missing something or is there not a “stop” button? If I’m watching something on the DVR how do I stop it and get out completely? I see play, pause, but no stop. The pause just pauses it and I have to click on DVR to go in and delete it.

2) Is there a return/previous channel button so I can return to the channel I was watching previously?

3) Is there a button I can press to start recording or do I have to go to the menu and click till I get to it?

4) When you have the PIP on is there a way you can toggle between what is on the main screen and in the small icon by a touch of a button?

Thank you for the help.

2. googlethis

googlethis New Member

1. Press the back button to get out of the show you are watching. If I want to delete a show I press the dvr button then select the show and select delete. I have a Directv DVR.
    2. the tab button on the keyboard side acts like a previous channel button
    3. You can press the star button on the keyboard side.
    4. No way to toggle that I know of.

3. LES017

LES017 New Member

For a true STOP function when using DVR, press Function button and then press the STOP button on the other (keyboard) side. STOP is the button on lower right with the square on it. At least on Dish this will act exactly as you are used to when you press stop natively.

Also I am pretty sure that a long press of the PIP button will give you PIP options...one of which is "swap"......I think.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  4. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Nope, a long press of the PIP results in the following 4 options (not neccessarily in this order)

Maximize
    Move
    Close
    Increase size

5. gullit

gullit New Member

Thanks so much guys, it would have taken me forever to figure that out! I wasn't paying too much attention to the keyboard side when using the TV.

The toggling of the PIP is not a big deal but maybe they might add that in the future.