Quantcast

Question regarding WiDi on 55GA6400

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by willybeen, Apr 20, 2013.

1. willybeen

willybeen New Member

I just picked up my first smart tv, a GA6400

I can get the smart share to send pics from my phone to the tv, but I want it to mirror my PC (which has WiDi support)

I watched videos on youtube on how to go to network settings and turn on smartshare wifi , but my tv doesnt seem to offer that option.

Does anybody have some thoughts on what I can do to mirror my pc monitor to my tv (without using an hdmi cable?)

Thanks

2. willybeen

willybeen New Member

Called LG, they said its not a feature on a google tv, only for their non google smart tvs.

Anybody know a way around this?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I believe your best option for now is "Chromemote". See the link below for details. You will be able to fling most everything from your PC. (The Fling feature is not the same thing as mirroring - you will only be able to fling anything that is natively supported on your GTV.) Chromemote is still relatively new, and the developer puts a lot of effort into it - with regular updates that add new functionality and features:

Chromemote - The Google TV Remote Control for Chrome

Chromemote Turns Chrome Into A TV Remote:

*Note: There is also a Chromemote channel on Youtube with more videos. They put up a video everytime Chromemote has a new update - explaining the new features of the update:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChromeMote <---(click for Chromemote channel on YouTube)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107890677565458476428/posts <---(click for Chromemote Google+ page)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  4. nuerosynapse

nuerosynapse New Member

I use netgear PTV3000 which works on 1 of the hdmi connections. I mirror my laptop with no issues. Kind of thought that this had WiDi as well (esp since email from LG prior to purchase stated ALL their tv's supported this)

5. ericd

ericd Active Member