Quantcast

[Question] How do you turn turn off sequential playback in the media player, DLNA

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by jess1313, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jess1313

jess1313 New Member

Hi, I have a Sony BD/Google TV that I use primarily for streaming videos from my computer (DLNA), not sure if its important but im streaming from a Windows 7 using Windows Media Player. It works wonders except for one issue, I cannot stop sequential playback. I have all my shows in folders by season (for example: my videos\tv shows\bsg\season 4) if i play an episode, when the episode is over, it automatically starts playing the next episode. This is annoying to no end, and I cannot find the setting to turn it off. Please help im about to go back to using my PS3, crappy format selection be damned.

2. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Instead of using wmp dlna, you can try using the ps3 server mentioned around the forum, or playon! The playon trial version also is the free version, which will let you play your media files. It also uses vlc! With both dlna options, they can be used with GTV or ps3. To access playon from GTV, you go to GTV.playon.tv on the browser. With the ps3 server, you use the media player on GTV. I think using playon would stop the next episode issue.