Quantcast

question about external media storage connected to Google TV

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by priyochat, Jan 20, 2014.

1. priyochat

priyochat New Member

Hi,

I have the logitech revue.

I've connected an external hard drive to Google TV and use the Logitech Media Player to watch videos/movies. Since my laptop and the Google TV use the same wifi, can I transfer files wirelessly between the laptop and the external hard drive (connected to Google TV).

Any help would be appreciated.

Priyo

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to do that although it may be possible. I do play files from a network PC using Google TV by installing the Plex server on the PC and the Plex app for Google TV from the Play Store on Google TV. The Plex server is easy to set up but does require some setup basically telling the server which files you want the Plex client to access. I know this isn't what you asked but if your goal is just to play some files from the laptop, not transfer the files to the hard drive connected to your Logitech Revue, that should be a good option.

When I have wanted fies from a PC to be moved to a hard drive connected to Google TV, I have just dismounted the HD and then disconnected the HD from the Google TV and connected it to the PC, then reconnected the HD to Google TV. Again not what you have asked but obviously a fool proof solution. Before disconnecting the HD from Google TV, the procedure to dismount is preferred, rather than just disconnecting the HD.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I guess I should add if there is a solution to just copy files from a PC to Google TV USB storage over Wi-Fi, it is probably by using a Wi-Fi file manager app of some sort or FTP client.