Quantcast

Question About Audio

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by BucYouUp68, Nov 9, 2011.

1. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

I have a STB, and a Surround sound receiver. Before i connected the Revue i had the audio connected via fiber from STB to Receiver. Actually it is still hooked up that way. My Surround sound receiver does not have HDMI , so that is why it is hooked up this way. I noticed there is a fiber audio jack on the back of the Revue, b ut not sure how to get it to work, does it have to be setup to another audio output on the receiver. Any help would be appreciated

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, your new configuration would be: STB => Revue => TV with all HDMI cables, then Revue => Surround sound receiver => with a Toshlink or Optical Digital Cable. Ideally, the optical output of the Revue would replace the STB's connection on your AV Receiver. Otherwise, you'd have to unnecessarily switch inputs on your AV Receiver between the Revue and STB audio.

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Thanks, so the revue gets the audio from the HDMI Cable then passes it on to the Surround sound receiver via optical output on revue?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, sort of... it doesn't bitstream the audio, it reprocesses it and passes it through both the HDMI out and Optical output.