Quantcast

Queing from my PC Desktop

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by NorCal1, Jan 25, 2011.

1. NorCal1

NorCal1 New Member

I often read about a TV program I'd like to watch while surfing on my PC. For example, some special on a topic I'm interested in. I'd like to be able to add the program to my record que with a couple of mouse clicks instead of having to boot up the Google TV box and my DishNetwork receiver.

In fact, I'd like to be able to add/change/delete/review the entire record que from my PC.

I think the biggest missing piece of the Google TV experience is the lack of a desktop app that mimics the set top GUI. My setup includes the Sony Blu-Ray box, Sony TV, and DishNetwork HD DVR.

2. harley man

harley man New Member

i also would like to see some thing like that to

3. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

I am not sure if this is completely what you are asking for. But, I know that by using Google Reader on the web from my desktop, I can add things like RSS feeds to my reader queue and they will show up in the Queue on my GoogleTV.

I had to go into the setting for the GoogleTV Queue and tell it to sync with my Reader account. Then I had to add an RSS feed from GoogleTV to the Queue so that a folder would be created in my Google Reader account. Once that folder is created in Google Reader, you can add other things to it inside the Reader site.

http://www.google.com/reader/view/#overview-page - that is the Google Reader App.

If you have any questions let me know -- I kind of stumbled on this and it was a little trial and error to get it working - but it does come in handy.

4. harley man

harley man New Member

thanks i will give it a try

5. DarkArm

DarkArm New Member

Perhaps you are unaware that you can set up a recording through Dish Network's web site.