Quantcast

Pulse in a different Room

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by ogreen, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ogreen

ogreen New Member

I have my Pulse, Directv, and Pioneer receiver located in a media closet about 20 feet away from where the remote and TV are located. I am using the IR emitter (already had a 3 way emitter) to control the Directv box and receiver without any issue. I would still like to turn the TV on and off using the Pulse remote without having to use some sort of IR extender. Does the Pulse remote also have an IR blaster built in similar to the Co-Star? Not sure if my TV supports CEC...will have to look into that.

Thanks in advance.
    OG

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

According to this no: Android Authority

If you have multiple devices that need to be controlled by the Pulse remote or your TV and Pulse set top box are far apart, you might be in for a minor headache.The IR blaster itself only has one emitter, making placement key as well as frustrating for many users. You’ll want to place the IR blaster in a place where it has a fairly straight line of sight towards your TV and cable box. If you can’t manage this, you might be able to solve all your problems by picking up a dual IR emitter, they’re cheap. You’ll want to make sure your IR blaster is all the way plugged into the back of the set top box as well. Trust me on this one, I went through 112 TV codes before I pushed the IR blaster connector in a bit more, until I felt and heard it click.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ogreen

ogreen New Member

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

The remote does have a blaster but it is not functioning. May be used in the future though.

• Like Like x 2