Quantcast

Project Google TV Apps

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by chopper, Aug 24, 2012.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

So you want to see more Apps on Google TV? This is what needs to be done. Any App on Google Play that you would like to see on Google Tv should be posted here with the developers email. Now everyone who wants to participate or just wants a certain App on GTV will then email the developer the following link and ask them to modify the App so that it will play on Google TV. The most popular requests will result in many request emails to developers and should help get the ball rolling.

https://developers.google.com/tv/android/docs/gtv_migrating

• Like Like x 4
  2. Giantsfan

Giantsfan New Member

I suggest Splashtop. I think it would be a killer app to be able to view and work with your desktop through GoogleTV. Sorry, I can't past the email address because I don't have enough posts.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  3. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

You should first carefully check an app for Native code before asking developer to port it to GoogleTV. :)

4. chopper

chopper Active Member

"Native code is something written on C/C++. See here: Android NDK | Android Developers
    If you have an APK of some app, you can open is a zip archive. If you see a lib folder and some .so files inside, the app has native code and usually can not be ported to GTV."

Thanks mcd2000 for explaining this!

You do not need 10 posts to enter the email of a developer just go to the App in Google Play on your GTV and copy and paste the email here.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  5. Giantsfan

Giantsfan New Member

In response to Chopper's post #5, the email is "info at bizappsdeveloper.com". (Sorry, tried but could not post email address yet. Couldn't link your post either). It sounds like a great idea, but be very careful though. This reeks of a scam, or worse, a virus. Their website is nothing but a shell of a new blog (wordpress). The one and only review says it is for real and "good so far", though he hasn't gotten any games to test. Also the description of making your own hours and paying your rent and bills rings loud "easy money scam" alarm bells. Reviews of this developer's other apps are not very flattering either.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. crawlernight11

crawlernight11 New Member

Is this for real? I have difficulty believing this. As far as I know, every game developing company would have its own game testers who are paid hefty salary for just playing new games and giving feedback. Is there any news about its authenticity?

7. chopper

chopper Active Member

Post 5 was removed can we now get on with what this thread is about. Please read post 1.