Quantcast

Program the Volume Control With a Sony Surround

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by gbeardmore, Jun 23, 2014.

1. gbeardmore

gbeardmore New Member

I just picked up an NSZ-GS8 to replace my aged Revue, the new low price was enough to justify it for me. Both devices suit my needs just fine so, when the Revue needed a Factory Reset about every 2 weeks just to barely function I picked this Sony up.

Now you'd think that programming the remote to another Sony device would be a "given". BUT, I have a Sony STR-KS360 Surround system, and for the life of me, I can't program the NSZ-GS8 remote to control the volume!

I have tried all 138 (or so) Codes in the setup routine to no avail and am hoping someone here has another idea or trick to try. I was able to do this just fine with my old Revue. Again, one would think programing Sony-to-Sony would be a no-brainer but evidently not...

Thanks!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are getting a good IR signal to the Sony STR-KS360? An IR emitter aimed right at the AVR IR receiver is the only way I get this to work well, but I am using a Yamaha AVR.

• Like Like x 2
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

4. gbeardmore

gbeardmore New Member

Chris, pretty sure the signal is strong enough, but I'll try that again tonight.

Something else that may be the issue... When I get to the section in the Setup Routine where I would enter the device's Model Number, I get a message that the Google Box can't search by Model Numbers, due to "Security Settings", or something to that effect. I then have to manually try all the codes one at a time.

Is there some "security setting" I need to change (or set) in the Google Box to allow it to accept a Model Number?

Thanks!

5. gbeardmore

gbeardmore New Member

Solved... Moved the IR Blaster right in front of the Surround. The first code I tried did the trick. Thanks fellas!