Quantcast

Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly Please Try Again!

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by DylanGrace, Dec 1, 2011.

1. DylanGrace

DylanGrace New Member

Hi all, I originally came to this forum looking for help with my bookmarks disappearing. I then tried syncing to my google acount, which may or may not have caused this new problem.
    I am not all that familiar with how my Sony Google Tv works, but am learning as I read these forum posts, Thank You all for your inputs.
    My problem is this; as I was reading the posts I received this message "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly please try again" and a box to "force close".
    So I unplugged my Sony Google Tv for a few minutes and when returning to see if this helped I received another similar message "the application google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly please try again...force close".
    I then went to my bookmarks in hopes of resolving my first issue, and there were no bookmarks - not even the bookmarks which came with my Sony Google Tv. So I added this forum to my bookmarks, which said it was added, but when I looked for it in my bookmarks, it shows that I have no bookmarks...I have tried this with several web pages and still have no bookmarks.

2. shashi

shashi New Member

Device: Logitech Revue
    Firmware: 3.1
    Build number: KAZX-20111123.091818.USER-B61925
    I received an update to my Logitech Revue few weeks back. Since almost day two of update I have started getting this error:
    "The Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". There is only "Force Close" option and when I do that nothing happens first few times. After 3 or 4 times, the Revue system reboots itself. And this is happening almost all the time.

I had installed an app "gAppsLauncher" and I suspected this was causing the error. So I un-installed the app. But still the error continued to occur. Just now I disabled chrome sync from Accounts & sync. It was showing a red mark against the chrome sync. I am hoping this will the fix the issue.

If there are other known problems that can cause this error, pl let me know.

Pl help.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. Wireless

Wireless New Member

I am having the exact same issue, I have the Logitech Revue running the latest update and when I try to search anything I get the message:the application search (process com.android.quicksearchbox) has stopped unexpectidely. please try again. Force Close [​IMG]

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try rebooting by pressing Ctrl + Alt + DEL. Also if you've been on the web browsing for a while (things tend to work a bit smoother IMO if you clear the cache). Clearing cache would be an alternative to rebooting. (A bit simpler IMO).

5. Wireless

Wireless New Member

I ended up having to reset to the factory default and go through the installation again, works great now. One thing that was odd was after I reset the box it showed the Google download arrow than a yellow exclamation in a triangle that stayed on the screen for about five minutes. I was just about to reset it again when it started the installation process.

6. DundeeBoy59

DundeeBoy59 New Member

I am having the same bookmark problems, I have reset to factory settings a few times!!! and am still getting the same error messages. I have been trying to resolve this issue for over a week now.
    The bookmarks on PC , do they have to be saved to Dashboard to be synced to Google TV ?

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Not sure what "Dashboard" you're referring to, however, you need to Sign in to Chrome to enable Google Sync for Bookmarks on your PC. Then you'll need to add the respective Google Account and enable the Sync process within GTV Chrome.

8. bukzin

bukzin New Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

10. bukzin

bukzin New Member

Neither did I!

Handy though; I finally found where I can delete old and duplicate contacts, as well as
    a bunch of other setting.