Quantcast

Problems with the Input (i think)

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by red3y3, Oct 11, 2014.

1. red3y3

red3y3 New Member

i have a tivo box connected to my NS7-GS7 and recently i've been losing pic and sound. the tivo box is old and i just assumed it was to blame, it got an update a few months ago and its never been the same since. So today the cable company came and swapped the tivo box. the engineer couldn't figure what to do with my gtv box and plugged the cable box into the tv and it worked fine. he didn't seem too sure what to do and my wife said she would get me to look at it.
    so i thought it wouldn't be a problem and connected the tv and cable box together and sure enough no sound or pic. if i plug the cable box directly into an hdmi port it works, plug my gtv box into another port it works but they don't want to play nice together. that makes me think theres a problem with the input port of the gtv box. the gtv box is always very warm, even in standby. i wonder if that has anything to do with it. the gtv box is just over 1 year old and run fine since taking it out of the box. i have tried various hdmi cables and ports on my tv.
    has anybody else had or seen this issue or maybe know a way of me running some sort of diagnostic

thanks
    darren

2. jfrisbee

jfrisbee New Member

Darren, I've been having this same issue as well. When I change the channel or try to play something from my DVR, the screen will cut out (screen flickers black and no sound). I have to either turn everything off and turn it back on, or just run my DirecTV HDMI cable into the TV directly. I am going to try to do a factory reset on the NSZ-GS7 tonight and I'll let you know if that helps at all. Let me know if you've found another solution.
    Thanks,
    Jim

3. red3y3

red3y3 New Member

hi Jim,
    i've given up. i tried a factory reset but to no avail. i have decided its probably a hardware problem with the input channel/port. the box still works fine, i just have to turn the tv to another channel instead of just turning on the GTV box. not the end of the world just annoying.
    please let me know if you find a solution. good luck

d.