Quantcast

Problems with start up

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by mmm31517, Nov 10, 2011.

1. mmm31517

mmm31517 New Member

We just had our new tv set up by geek squad. We were told that we have to use two remotes, one for our Brighthouse cable box and one for the TV. Is there a way to only use my tv controller? Also every time we turn the tv on it takes a few minutes to start up and our geek advisor told us we would have to push the input button and choose HDMI1 each time in order to get a live TV feed, seems silly to me to have to "program" TV every time I turn it on. Is there any way for this to happen automatically? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you talking about one of the Sony Internet TV with Google TV? You should be able to control both the cable box and TV with Sony's NSG-MR1 remote. You'll have to go through the process of configuring GTV Settings > TV input > Edit Configured Device. You should see, "Built-in Tuner, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, ..., Add Device Manually". Select the "Add Device Manually" and you'll go through the tv source wizard. Once you're done make sure the option has been set "Make this device default" and you won't have to push the input button then choose HDMI1 to watch the TV feed from your cable box.

P.s., Make sure you complain to the Geek Squad manager since the installers did not fully set-up your television. This is part of the service and the fact that they left it that way is a sign of laziness and the lack of professional work ethics.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mmm31517

mmm31517 New Member

Thank you for the information it was very helpful. I went back to the store the next day and basically embarrassed them by telling them I learned more from the forum then by they're "experts". I told them that if they couldn't make it operational they could take it all back and I would repurchase elsewhere. They are now sending a new Geek at no charge to start over from scratch. Hopefully things will be better this time:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope it works out for you.