Quantcast

Problems with Netflix and external WD drive

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by techkid, Aug 31, 2012.

1. techkid

techkid New Member

I just received the Google Co-Star last week, and so far love it. However, I have been having a couple minor issues. With Netflix, the thumbnails wont display under "instant queue", "recommended programs", etc. Also, the initial page shows one box that is red with no words in it, and the other box is white and says "just for kids" but no pictures in it. However, if I select a video to stream, it plays with no problems. The internet is working fast with all other apps as well, so I don't know why the interface will not show correctly. Since I have had the unit, I have only had the interface display correctly less than a handful of times.

My other issue is with my hard drive. It detects it when I plug it in and says that it is mounted, but when I do a search, it will not find any files on it (and they are all supported formats). Play point can read it as well, but the files are not found when I do the search. I noticed it also mounts an EFI partition - could this be causing the problem?

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try this

• For Netflix - Factory reset your Router (assuming there is one).

• For HHD - EFI partition could be a problem - try to connect the HHD via a powered usb Hub (if not powered) - also, check HDD for hidden VCD (Virtual CD) partitions (& remove).

Good luck

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. techkid

techkid New Member

The router reset worked like a charm - thank you!!!

As far as the hard drive, I spoke with Vizio support this morning, and they said the co-star cannot read a 2TB drive. I guess it's too big for the speeds the co-star can read...

4. seanwi

seanwi New Member

So what is the maximum capacity of hard drive that the co-star can deal with?

5. jcmtyler

jcmtyler New Member

It's reading fine so far from my local NAS, which is setup as 1.2 TB via RAID5.