Quantcast

Problems with Flash Player

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by luism7, Nov 11, 2011.

1. luism7

luism7 New Member

Hi all,

I'm having problems with flash player. I use a web site to watch online movies and series named "Cuevana". First, Chrome don't install the plug-in in order to watch the movies OK. So i downloaded the app from market. but the thing is that every time i want to see a movie or show, i've got a message saying that i need flash player 9 or superior. But i have installed Flash Player 11.. How can i fix this, does any one knows?

Tks in advance!

2. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. I would like to relocate your thread to the GTV help section. Would that be ok?

I do believe a different Flash version is needed to stream Cuevana. I think you would need to contact the developer of Cuevana and request that this be made compatible for GTV. I am still a noob with my revue but I am sure more knowledgeable folks will be along soon to chime in.

3. luism7

luism7 New Member

Tks, sure go ahead relocate this thread.

I'm gonna try to contact the developer of cuevana. I hope somebody here knows as well.

4. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Regarding Chrome the version included with Google TV does not accept plug-ins of any form. Until Google changes that you will not be able to install any type of Chrome app or plugin.

As far as the "Cuevana" app, you probably got that the APK from the Android Market for Tablets and Phone. Because it does not sound like it has been optimized for Google TV. It is trying to access the Flash software the way they have been implemented on the phones and tablets. Because Google TV's Flash software is baked and signed into the Google TV operating system it cannot be replaced by the Flash package on the Android Market. In fact, the current Flash software on the Android Market is designed for the ARM based phone and tablets, therefore the binary code isn't even compatible with the Intel CE4100 series processors of Google TV. So, neither the "Cuevana" app nor the "Flash 11" apk will work on Google TV at this time.