Quantcast

Problems with Correct Channels. Please Read and Help if you Can.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by zerosk8er77, Apr 20, 2012.

1. zerosk8er77

zerosk8er77 New Member

Maybe this has already been discussed in another topic, however I couldn't find my specific issue on any of the others I read.

I have the Sony NSX-40GT1 Google TV. I have Insight Cable hooked up to it using a cable line. No box or anything. My channels come through fine.
    The Rovi Guide doesn't find the listings; I know many others have the same problem, but that's not my main concern. More importantly my issue lies with the TV & Movies App. It does find content on my Live TV and displays it just fine. However when I select something to watch, it takes me to the wrong channel. Like my TV doesn't recognize the correct Insight cable lineup or something. I have tried navigating to:
    Settings/Video Input/Configured Devices/Built-in Tuner/Edit Channel Lineup and making sure that the correct Zip Code was put in. I selected Insight which is my provider that showed up on the list. Even tried a few different local zip codes. Still, the TV & Movies App takes me to the wrong channel when I make a selection from the choices.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Mine does this too with dish network. Since I don't pay for HD channels, when I set up my dish net channel listing I tell it that I get hbo ,starz, etc. Then after the lineup is set up I edit the channel list, and type in hd and remove all the hd channels in my channel list at once, 191 of them. More then likely if your trying to tune to channel using the movies and tv app and do not pay the extra money for HD channels , then your probably experiancing the same problem I have.

Either that or you need to go through your channel list and weed out the channels you don't have and see if that fixes the problem.