Quantcast

problems using logitech keyboard to control tv

Discussion in 'Google TV FAQs' started by Cruddell001, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Cruddell001

Cruddell001 New Member

I just figured out how to map the keyboard commands on my Revue's keyboard to function as my television remote. It works great to turn the TV on/off or to switch the inputs from TV to HDMI. However, I can't seem to get it to work with changing the channel. I have a Dynex TV (I know, I know), but the Logitech apps on my Android phone and my Ipad that sync to the Revue are able to do the job perfectly. So, I know the Revue has the right IR codes stored in it and I know the IR extender is working fine. Any ideas why it won't take it from the keyboard though? I've tried doing the "learn IR code" function and I've tried mapping different keys on the keyboard to see if the "Ch +" or "Ch -" key wasn't working. So far, no luck though.

2. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Try FN+CH+ and FN+CH- let us know if that works for you.

3. Cruddell001

Cruddell001 New Member

I tried that too - no luck. I've tried the Ch+/- and the Fast Forward/Rewind buttons, both as normal keypresses and as FN combos. Also, the numbers are supposedly set to give a direct channel number input to the TV, but also do nothing.

4. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hi,
    Do you have your IR blaster pointed at your cable/sat box remote censer ? I have a Comcast Cable box and I had the same problem, then after calling Sony the guy told me to put one IR Blaster so it was pointing at my box remote censer. right now my IR cable is on top of my cable box pointing to my censer. Hope this helps, let me know if this works. Buy the way i have a Sony 40" GTV. :)

5. Cruddell001

Cruddell001 New Member

The IR blaster isn't the problem, since the iPad and Android apps connecting to the Revue allow me full functionality.