Quantcast

Problems setting up channels

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by burg1n, Nov 5, 2010.

1. burg1n

burg1n New Member

I just bought the Sony 40" w/ Google TV. Right now I have a cable subscription from a local Ohio company (Buckeye Express). I do not have an HD package, and my box has no hdmi output.

I set my options to "cable" and I tried automatically finding channels. The TV found 3 channels. All 3 were the same channel, but the 2nd and 3rd channels were very fuzzy. So the first channel it found is good but it's only 1 channel. If I'm on that channel (channel 3) I can use my remote from my cable provider to change the channel to whatever I want. Why can I not get it set up so I can use only the Sony remote to change channels? I have tried switching my options to antenna and it only finds the one channel but that one works the same as when I chose cable.

Do I need an HD box that's connected with an hdmi cable? (right now using coax)
    My dad also just bought an HDTV (not googleTV) and has the same exact cable package as we do and the same coax connection but he can use his new tv's remote and he can also switch to digital channels using a decimal. I know what digital channels I can access but how do I know what numbers to put after the decimal?

Sorry for the noob questions :) and thanks!

2. burg1n

burg1n New Member

I've been having tons of problems with this company and I also figured out that going through directTV I can get many more channels and save atleast $30 a month so directTV will be installed monday with tons of HD channels and an HD box

I'm guessing (especially since I have the installation guy coming) I shouldn't have any problems setting my channels up now

so I guess if there is a mod around you can go ahead and close this thread :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I think you've made the right move...when I paid for tv, (been through decades of cable/Dish/DirecTV swapping) I thought DTV was the best, both in service, quality and price. :)

• Like Like x 2