Quantcast

Problem with my play store

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by akedz, May 27, 2012.

1. akedz

akedz New Member

ok so i've been searching for a while to see if anyone else had the same issue and how they fixed, but to no avail. well anyways the problem is that the apps on the gtv playstore (gtvbox, plex, etc) show up but when you open up the playstore link it says its not compatible. as i understand i should be able to purchase and install gtvbox player and plex for google tv without any issue on my nsx. it doesn only happpen with those 2 apps, other apps for gtv also say not compatible. mind you, i can side load apps fine, remote adb,etc. I also tried purchasing through the web version of the playstore and the dropdown shows the googletv its just that it says its not compatible. in the end i have a googletv that can not install google tv apps -___-.

any help is appreciated.

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

Welcome to the forum akedz. If you delete your Google account reboot and reinstall should help.

3. akedz

akedz New Member

well it took long enough for me to reply. but this did not work. i would really like to buy the gtvbox app.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am sorry, what is your nsx?

5. akedz

akedz New Member

[h=1]Sony NSX-40GT1[/h]

6. mpictor

mpictor New Member

akedz,

I have the exact same problem and same model.

I posted on gtvhacker but no replies yet: forum.gtvhacker.com/nsx-40gt1/topic825.html (I'm not allowed to post urls yet)

Let me know if you get anywhere.

I'm thinking about sideloading apk extractor (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sylark.apkextractor), backing up Google Play, then uninstalling updates and seeing what happens.

If that fails, I might use the chrome plugin to download play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.tv.mango&feature=order_history and try that.

There's discussion in the gtvhacker forums about google play not updating if you've installed beta versions, but I don't think that's a related problem.

7. mpictor

mpictor New Member

Ok, my store seems to be working again (not 100% - it's slow, and search doesn't always work), but at the moment I can't play audio over my AV receiver.

I used adb to grab a log from the device:
    Code:
    ./adb connect 192.168.0.101
    ./adb logcat >log.txt
    A minute later, I glanced at the screen and saw a notification that updates were available. They started downloading, and the app store is working - though not perfectly. My theory is that running the commands caused some important system app to start running again on the TV (except that, surely, anything important would restart after a power cycle?!)

A while back, I noticed that my TV would turn on (just a click - the screen didn't turn on) for a minute, then back off. This would happen again and again, and I decided that some app was starting frequently for updates - so I force closed a whole bunch of stuff. That was a week or so before I noticed that it was acting up.

8. mpictor

mpictor New Member

OK, I've found out more. Thanks to busybox, I have a usable 'top' (the built-in one doesn't fit in the console window and redraws don't work correctly)

While looking through the output of top, I noticed both com.google.tv.mango and com.android.vending (mango is the gtv Play Store, while vending is the name of the store on phones/tablets).

I killed com.android.vending, and the store started working faster. I don't know if this was because com.android.vending was interfering, because killing it freed memory, or because of something else. Also, vending seems to restart when a download starts.