Quantcast

Problem while playing videos in Youku.com

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by sksharma, Jul 12, 2013.

1. sksharma

sksharma New Member

I got this SONY NSZ-GS7 last week and i am happy with what i can get from it, except for so much annoying problem with youku.com. While playing any videos in youku.com the playback on the screen freezes but video will be streaming without voice or video(i can see the time moving with black sceen), i have to pause and then play everytime. This happens for so often atleast 15-20 times in a 1:30 - 2:00 hrs video, which makes the movie watching experience so annyoing. If anyone seen the same issue and were able to figure out the way out of it, please help.

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BobinVA

BobinVA Member

Sksharma,

Are you connected wirelessly?

I had issues with videos frequently pausing on YouTube until I got a range extender to boost signal strength. The only YouTube problem I have now is a "bandwidth" issue where some videos may change resolution early on and play ok after changing resolution.

Haven't heard of Youku. Maybe this might work for you there.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Youku kind of reminds of YouTube - except that it's in Chinese. Sure enough it's the second biggest video hosting site in the world behind #1 YouTube:

Youku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tried playing a video on Youku that was several minutes in length on my Logitech Revue - and it played flawlessly. I'm wired directly to modem with ethernet connection. Have you tried clearing cache on Chrome browser? What is your internet speed? Do you have this problem on other devices when watching Youku?

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi sksharma

I had success playing this Video. I accessed the site using Sony GS7. I have a Modem Router via Ethernet. The youku.com content should work for you. Guess it depends on what Broadband speeds you have as to whether the content will play w/out pausing or repeated buffering. What user agent is your unit set to?

Carl

5. sksharma

sksharma New Member

Bobin & Carl

I was connected wirelessly, but suspecting my router i took the set to my friends with higher broadband and connected to Ethernet but still seeing the same issue. My friend who is a manager in QA told me its a bug :) typical!, regardless i thought of exchanging this and see if the problem exits. And yes with YouTube "bandwidth" is standard!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  6. sksharma

sksharma New Member

CatfishRivers,

I tried clearing the cache and due to some other reason i reset to factory settings, i had a moderate speed internet and am wireless, but i tried the unit with my friend who has higher speed connected thru modem. Same issue!

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Does this issue happen with all videos? Or only some videos? If it only happens with certain videos the "bug" could be on Youku's end. Conversely (as a troubleshooting measure) do the problem videos play OK on other devices besides your GTV?

Here are a couple more things you can try:

1) Go to Chrome settings and clear the Adobe Flash cookies. Then set the Adobe Flash website storage panel and the Adobe Flash global storage panel to "unlimited".

2) go to Chrome settings and enter a custom desktop user agent. try the following user agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1468.0 Safari/537.36

(After you enter the user agent string you need to reboot your GTV device for it to take full effect)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013