Quantcast

Problem viewing MSPOT

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by joker, Jan 8, 2011.

1. joker

joker Guest

When I try to view movies on MSPOT, the right hand side of the screen isn't visible. Can't read half of the discription & if you click on rent, the submit button is to far to the right of the screen to see & click on.Tried to adjust the picture size & nothing seems to help. I also called teck support but they just had me try the same steps that I already had tried. Any one here check this site out & have the same problem? TIA!

2. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

On mine the descriptions are a bit too far to the right but perfectly readable. There are no buttons to the right. To rent a movie simply click <enter> and a list box will popup with 'watch trailer', 'rent', and 'back'.

3. joker

joker Guest

But after you click on rent, it agains ask you to click on rent or you can cancel. that's where I can't get to the other "clickable rent".

4. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

Clearly I didn't read your original post closely enough, my apologies for that.

I'm not registered with mspot but if I click on through 'rent' it takes me to a sign-in screen and I see the same kinds of issues that you're seeing. There's a back button that is almost completely off the screen. Since that is a webpage on Chrome and Flash I imagine it is up to mspot to fix it. Have you sent them a message?

5. joker

joker Guest

I did email them but haven't heard back yet. I'll post the reply when I do get it. Thanks for trying.

6. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hey guys,

I've tried to reproduce this, and I'm not seeing the issue. What devices are you using?

One thought-- make sure your User Agent is set to 'Default', which will route you to the optimized mpsotmovies.com for Google TV. If you have your User Agent set to 'Generic' or a custom value, you'll be taken to the standard, PC-browser view, which may not be mapping correctly.

If that doesn't fix it, let me know!

Daniel

7. joker

joker Guest

I'm using the Logitech Revue. If by User Agent, you mean the Revue, it is set for default. The screen I see on mspot with the Revue is nothing like the one I see with my notebook.

8. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

I have the Sony Blu-ray box. My user agent is set to default and I'm seeing the GTV version of the site.

9. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

The only way I'm able to reproduce something like this is by changing the screen resolution away from default, and not adjusting the picture size/overscan calibration accordingly.

Settings > Pictures & sound > Resolution
    Settings > Pictures & sound > Picture size

Try adjusting these settings-- if this doesn't fix the problem, let me know and I'll report the bug.

Cheers,
    Daniel

10. Malachi42

Malachi42 New Member

On mine the resolution was set to auto and I have an LG 1080p LED-LCD TV. Still, all of those values are perfectly valid values so to say you can only reproduce it by selecting one of them is to say you can reproduce it. You should report the bug.

For kicks, I changed mine to 720p. Mspot still has the same problem. But one difference I did notice was at 1080p the animation on MSpot is slow and jerky but at 720p it is smooth and fluid.

Oh, and yes the overscan calibration is correct. If it were not I would imagine we'd be reporting problems on everything, not just MSpot.

11. joker

joker Guest

I too have tried changing the resolution from 720 to 1080 & it made no difference. When using netflix or amazon vod, I have no problem, so, I'd guess the mspot problem is on their part.

12. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Yep, just making sure we'd covered all bases. I've passed this on.

Daniel

13. joker

joker Guest

If you use a Logitech Revue & go to Mspot, I don't understand how you're not seeing the issue. I just tried it again & again I get the same thing. My picture looks like I have to zoom out because I cannot see the whole screen.