Quantcast

Problem setting up Motorola Atrix with Google TV via HDMI device, help?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by simpleelovlee, Sep 13, 2011.

?

This has been a problem I've had too.

Poll closed Sep 19, 2011.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. simpleelovlee

simpleelovlee New Member

I'm curious to know if anyone has had issues setting up devices via HDMI or particularly using the Motorola Atrix (I will be cross posting this on the Android and Motorola forums too to see what response I get there also).

After connecting my Atrix, powered on, to the Google TV (29") using the HDMI cable I received with the phone, I navigate to "Settings" > "Video input" > HDMI settings" > "Device list" > and click on "Enable" I receive an error message that reads:

Through a default function I choose, the "remote control" screen appears on my Atrix.

I tried all four HDMI plugs on the TV and received the same error message.

Might anyone be able to help me troubleshoot this?

I have the Sony NSX24GT1 24 and my cell is a Motorola Atrix Mobile Phone Black MB860 running on Android version 2.3.4.

p.s. I really like my phone and I really like my TV and the possibilities for using the two together! I really hope I can get some help with this. Thank you!!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There is nothing to troubleshoot. The control panel which you're setting up is detecting if you have any HDMI-CEC compatible devices. I highly doubt that your phone is Consumer Electronics Control compatible (CEC). There's really nothing to setup with your phone, since it has no "channels" to change.

If you have any applications which are compatible with the HDMI cable of your phone then you can display it through the Revue. But, there's not much other reason to connect your phone to your Revue.

3. simpleelovlee

simpleelovlee New Member

I don't really have knowledge of all things CEC compatibility, but I do know that I have been able to view pics, vids and play audio from my phone to the TV. I used the HDMI on a different TV in the past (not sure of the make and model). Was trying to do the same on the Google TV.

4. simpleelovlee

simpleelovlee New Member

FIXED!!

I had to push the "input" button on my controller.

I look over that little button all of the time because I don't usually connect devices via HDMI to the TV.

I had to laugh at myself on this one.

Thanks for your reply @eferz!