Quantcast

Problem blocling ads with router

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by 22350, Mar 30, 2012.

1. 22350

22350 New Member

I have been trying to add sites, like doubleclick, to my netgear router blacklist. i lost the opportunity to root my gtv, but really need to block some of these ads.

i have entered a list of sites, but now i have a problem. When I try to load a page in chrome, the browser holds indefinately waiting on the advertiser's site. I have to keep hitting the stop button, in the menu, to skip past the the ad site.

Does anyone have a solution to blocking ads on this system?

2. 22350

22350 New Member

the sound of one hand clapping.

the funny thing is that this appears to be the only site that locks up.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Are you using your google tv to view this site and having the problems as some folks have problems loading this site with the google tv. I know it used to never load for me in the past even without ad blocking using the router but last time I tried I refreshed the page while viewing the site and it loaded just fine.

Does the site lock up with the ads blocked while using your computers web browser ? If not then maybe your having the same problem others have experianced in the past with the website.

By the way when I used to try loading this site using the google tv it would never seem to load, until one day I brought up the settings page for the chrome browser and used the refresh button to refresh the site page and it loaded ok so my guess is that the browser tends to cache pages a lot by default and manually refreshing it will sometimes fix the problem.

Also there is a thread at http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/3693-looking-ways-block-supress-ads.html about other ways to suppress ads

4. 22350

22350 New Member

It seems to be looking for a connection to a ad domain. When it can't connect to that domain, it just sits there. Does the same thing on the computer, but the page seems to load. It still sits there looking for the ad site.

I will check out the other thread.

thanks.

UPDATE

That thread only talks about mobile browsers and using the router, which is where I am having the problem. I am going to start looking to see if this issue is happening on any other sites. Something weird is going on with this site.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012