Quantcast

PrimeTime stopped working on two boxes at the exact same time?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Haggie, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Haggie

Haggie New Member

I have two Sony boxes. Both had PrimeTime working yesterday and then this morning PrimeTime was completely blank on both boxes. It seems like quite a coincidence that it would happen on both boxes and the exact same time. Has Google shut down PrimeTime?

2. jkerschb

jkerschb New Member

Same here. PrimeTime was working yesterday, and I wake up this morning and it's completely blank. The Movies and Shows sections work OK but Live TV section is completely blank. All listings are gone and so are the favorite channels. Internet is working fine (opened a few apps OK). I did a search for a few TV channels and the search function didn't locate any channels. So, it appears to be bigger than PrimeTime. As if the Google Apps don't recognize there is cable hooked up to the TV. But I have no solutions. I may try re-setting the TV / Settings to see if that helps.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't use the PrimeTime app but I just checked and it isn't working for me either, I can't say when it quit but yesterday wouldn't surprise me based on this thread.

4. jkerschb

jkerschb New Member

Prime Time is basically the reason I keep this thing around. I have found it to be very useful. I did a rest hoping that would fix it but no luck. And TV stations still don't appear in the search function as well. Booo.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I understand and although I haven't seen an announcement, it appears the app has ended. We can hope it is just down temporarily and will be back soon but other Google TV apps have quit working this year and I suspect this situation is the same. Providing guide data can't be free so I guess hoping it continues for many years might be unrealistic.

6. Haggie

Haggie New Member

A user on another forum told me about BuddyTV. You have to install it thru Amazon's app store, but it offers the same functionality as PrimeTime.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  7. Fixthisplease

Fixthisplease New Member

Hey, wanted to know if the primetime app ever started working again? If so did it start working on its own or did you find a fix? It just happened to my two boxes.

8. Fixthisplease

Fixthisplease New Member

Hey, the same thing happened to my two boxes on April 22, 2016, I was wondering if your Primetime started working again, and if so did, they start working on their own or did you find a fix?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

9. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Member

Mine has also stopped working on Costar

10. Trock1115

Trock1115 New Member

+1 Factory Restore didnt help either.Hopefully someone out there has a solution or maybe its time to say goodbye to primetime.Not cool GoogleTV - Not Cool

NSZ-GS8

11. Trock1115

Trock1115 New Member

Yes my primetime app is now working as expected since yesterday.Hope the same for the rest the gtv community.

• Like Like x 1