Quantcast

Prime Time Quick Guide

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by qw545, Nov 14, 2012.

1. qw545

qw545 Member

I earlier today received the Prime Time update, but the Quick Guide does not seem available to me. When using Google TV Support their steps to access it do not seem to match what I'm finding when using my Sony TV. I see that the Voice Search is not available for the 1st generation units because of hardware differences. Is the quick view feature also unavailable on the 1st generation units or am I missing something? I also find it curious that when I look at help subjects on the Google TV help site using my Google TV device that Prime Time is listed, but there is an empty space directly below where on the same site on my computer Prime Time Quick Guide is displayed. When Using Google TV and clicking on the blank space it does bring up info for the Quick Guide.

2. gfunk01

gfunk01 New Member

Greg from the GTV team here... we're phasing the rollout of the Quick Guide feature (likely over the next week though it depends on what we see on our dashboards). We're trying to make sure it works well before we push it to 100% of end users. It will be available on *all* devices.

3. ismail

ismail New Member

has the rollout been completed? When I press guide it simply goes to the comcast guide???

4. Lakedubvt

Lakedubvt New Member

Would like to know this too received another update on the Primetime app. The change log mentions the quick guide, but I am not sure how to access this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

If you have the update when you hit Guide it will come up instead of the guide from your cable box.

6. gfunk01

gfunk01 New Member

It's not complete yet. We're above 50% right now. It should be completed soon.

7. ismail

ismail New Member

Thanks for the reply.

One more question off topic question do u expect primetime can pull programming from on demand with xfinity?

8. Aslan442

Aslan442 New Member

But when are other countries going to get prime time and the quick guide if Google tv has gone international surly it should be available to all not just the USA. Or the you tube videos should state USA only their does not seem enough information released to international owners of Google tv.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

9. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

NO - Comcast doesn't want Google TV to have full integration with their services. This will not be possible unless Comcast changes their mind and comes to some agreement with Google TV. Don't hold your breath - I'm not expecting it....

In fact it has been reported that Comcast is working on their own IPTV set-top box:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-comcasts-iptv-box-reportedly-clears-fcc.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in reading more about the reasons why Comcast doesn't want to cooperate with Google TV - the following thread is a good source of information:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-ready-auction-motorola-set-top-division.html

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012