Quantcast

Pretty Sure my Box Just Died

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Naylor07, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Naylor07

Naylor07 New Member

I got a Logitech Revue a few weeks ago and everything was going well, my set-up was STB --> GTV --> Sony Surround Sound --> TV.

Everything was working well and all of a sudden this week my cable quality started to get really poor, my first though of course was the stupid cable company messed something up. I dealt with it until this morning when I couldn't get a picture at all in cable mode. I still get the full Logitech Revue screen, but not cable TV. Remove the Revue, works great, even through the Sony Surround Sound. I guess there is something wrong with my Revue :-(

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It could also be that your cable operators sent an over the air update for the set-top box which set the HDCP max device limit to two. You can test that theory by using an HDMI device which doesn't enforce HDCP restrictions, like a Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Tivo DVR, Roku 2, Boxee Box, or iPad 2. If any of these devices work through the Revue, Sony AV Receiver, and the television then you know the problem is the STB and not the Revue.

3. Naylor07

Naylor07 New Member

I will give that a try later today, thanks!

4. Naylor07

Naylor07 New Member

So after taking the night off from working on it, I hooked everything back up today and it seems to be working. Not sure what happened.

5. Naylor07

Naylor07 New Member

I may have spoke too soon, it was working and now it is cutting in and out and the quality is very poor.