Quantcast

Powering on and off a AV Receiver

Discussion in 'Asus Qube' started by BilliamJ, Sep 25, 2013.

1. BilliamJ

BilliamJ New Member

Just got the Cube and so far I like it, I'm using the K700 keyboard from my Revue and run into a weird problem. I can turn the TV on and off with the keyboard but my Yamaha HTR 4064 I can control the volume but not the power. If I hit AVR on my K700 it powers off the TV instead (the TV button on the K700 also powers off the TV). I also noticed the TV/STB button on the Cube's remote doesn't seem to do anything when I press it (it doesn't send out a IR signal when pressed either).
    The Revue controlled my receiver with no problem though it was also listed in the setup which the Cube didn't show.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't have the Asus Cube but I do have the Logitech K700 keyboard and I am able to power on/off a Yamaha RX-V471 and Yamaha HTR-5490 being used with a Sony NSZ-GT1 in separate rooms. If setup with the Cube shows other Yamaha AVRs, the power on/off commands might be identical to your HTR-4064. It may be you can't power the Yamaha on/off using the Asus Cube and Logitech K700 but the way I would set it up is by using the Cube original controller and if that works for AVR power, you know at least you have a good setup code. If the original controller can't handle on/off, you can bet the K700 can't either.