Quantcast

Power ON & OFF issues

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by chnewsom, Feb 18, 2012.

1. chnewsom

chnewsom New Member

Anyone having problems with their GoogleTV coming on and then going off after a few seconds of showing a picture? It eventually stops going off after a few tries, but it still happened every time or every other time that I turn it on. I had posted this question before, but I have not been able to find any answers. Have I missed this question? Can somebody please lead me in the right direction? I just got this tv in January.

2. likwidsolutions

likwidsolutions New Member

Nope sorry, I have the Sony NSX-40GT1 and I press On, and it comes on in about a second. It goes straight to the Antennae input for some reason though. I wonder if there is a way to change the default input when you turn it on

3. chnewsom

chnewsom New Member

This started happening after an update that the TV went through (on it's own) a few weeks ago. Maybe there's something in my setup that I can change b/c mine has never 'come on in a second'. It has always gone through a boot up process. Any ideas?

4. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Hi chnewsom, sorry I'm not on my TV at the moment to give you exact details, but from what you are describing, it sounds like you have taken the second of two start-up options. For simplicity sake one is a quick-boot (meaning essentially that the TV doesn't actually ever turn off, but goes to sleep until you "wake" it); the other is a long (cold) boot where it starts up from not being on at all. What I'm not sure of is where the option is to change it once you have done the initial setup run-thru that comes with a new TV (or major upgrade I guess).

A point to note in case you are wondering why anyone would choose the long boot, is mainly a matter of power consumption. With the sleep state, the TV draws more power than the other state where it is "completely" off.

Hope that helped. If I get to the TV soon and find the steps I'll let you know.

5. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Yes I believe there is, what do you want to change it to?

6. mcstraycat

mcstraycat New Member

I have two sony google tv's. BOTH of them have begun to suddenly turn off then back on. Seems to do it more when I'm using google music or youtube. There was a recent software update on both. Makes me think it's related to that. Does this seem to be the same problem that you are having?

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I am having something similar happen to me on my tv. The problem I am having is I have my dish reciever set to be the default device and is connected using component cables since it does not have hdmi hookups. Well I recently bought a blu ray player and hooked it up via hdmi and when I turn it on, the dvd player shows a quick screen and then the picture goes back to the dish network screen.

I think the problem with me is that I may need to set the tv settings so that the connected dvd player is not controlled by hdmi or some setting in the google tv settings. I forget the exact setting but basically it had something to do with hdmi controlling the on and off of the tv or something like that.

It's under video input/hdmi settings for me. See if turning off all those settings if you have them fixes your on and off problems. I know it does not happen with all my hdmi devices and only happens currently with the new dvd player.

8. dllasgirl1993

dllasgirl1993 New Member

I have had a sony google internet tv since december it was a x-mas gift and my boyfriend and i have tried averything to get it to turn on. We push the button the sony icon lights up them it immediatly turns off, no picture on the screen, no audio, and no flashing light. I'm begining to think my tv is defective. Can someone please help me before i return it.

9. pnhar

pnhar New Member

I'am having the exact same problem, but it only started occurring after a factory reset. Did you purchase the unit as a refurbished unit? If so, then they may have returned because they gave up on the unit. I'am going to see if I can figure out what happened to mine, because it had been working pretty good for about 3 years.