Quantcast

Post update Shockwave Flash Crash on all streamed video

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Ktimbers, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Ktimbers

Ktimbers New Member

Has anyone had the crashes on all streaming video? Internet, Amazon, Netfix, etc. no problems at all pre-update. I need a fix qickly as I bought 4 full bundled w cameras for Christmas and I now cannot get mine to work after this long awaited update.

Help! Please! Do not want to return and select 4 different gifts!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I only see the crash once in while, the same as it was before the update. I don't know the cause but suspect it is the fault of Adobe Flash, not the Revue, but I see it infrequently so I am not very concerned. It would certainly be a concern if I saw it often, I am not sure how to determine why you see it frequently but you might be able to get some more information by describing your setup and internet service and speed.

3. Ktimbers

Ktimbers New Member

Time Warner Cable Internet
    62ms Ping
    4.18 mbps download
    .93 mbps upload

Samsung TV

Logitech Revue with cam bundle

Thanks for any advice u can give!

4. landlady

landlady New Member

Actually, I am surprised to not see more reaction here to your thread. At least with Revue users, streaming Flash is causing significant problems since the update. See the 190 post thread on the Logitech Forum on this very subject. Because I am new I can't post the link, but find the Revue section at the forum and you will see many people listing sites.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is because the subject has already has been beaten like a dead horse. Basic consensus is that Mobile Flash is crappy as it is. This is only exacerbated by the web developers designing their Flash apps to be ran on PC.

6. landlady

landlady New Member

I imagine that might be so, but to read the posts there is to hear the frustrations of people who claim that sites that worked *perfectly* pre-update now no longer function. Many of these are verified by Logi support. Adobe is a horrible steward of this tool and HTML will someday moot these issues, but for now when someone says "it worked, you rolled out an OS update and now it doesn't", that is legit and not necessarily a website code issue. The loss of foreign language TV websites is beyond disappointing for some GTV users.

(For the record I did perform all the settings changes recommended and rebooted. Crackle.com still effectively useless. GTV would have been better off never pointing me to that website in the first place)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  7. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

I find wiping cache from the browser works wonders! ;-)

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The problem is that the GTV update came after Adobe announcement that they're giving up on Flash for the mobile and embedded browsers. This pretty much gave a green light to all Flash Developers who were holding back their web apps because of clients with limited resources, like Google TV. Sure, you can still blame it on Adobe if you want. They are the ones after all which provided Google with the 10.2 version of Adobe Flash which replaced the original 10.1 version from original GTV release. But, either way you look at it, Flash and all the content around it deserves to be flushed down the toilet where it belongs.

9. GoogleMan

GoogleMan New Member

I am getting a Shockwave crash everytime I try to steam from Amazon instant video. HBO Go is also crashing. Using Google TV through the Logitech Revue. Didn't crash before the big update. Is there a solution for this yet? It makes this box virtually unusable.

10. ajh7471

ajh7471 New Member

wondering if there is any solution on this yet? i cant watch movies from amazon instant video and it is very annoying. at this point i would question buying the next generation of google tv since they cant seem to get a simple thing like this working. And i understand it may be a flash thing or logitech thing, but it still is google tv and it affects thier brand name!
    they should be able to release an update for this! its been too long!

• Like Like x 2
  11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google plans on eventually removing Flash from GTV devices. No update to Flash 11 is expected (unless Google reconsiders). IMO it's doubtful the Shockwave crash issue will ever be totally "corrected" on GTV devices. The future of GTV is HTML5 - however IMO the difficulty is that HTML5 has not fully arrived yet (and Flash is still very predominant all over the internet). See this thread from the forum for a further discussion on the topic:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-request-gtv-issues-flash-11-please-vote.html