Quantcast

Possible to use NSG-MR1 remote with other TVs?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by wirelessoma, Nov 4, 2011.

1. wirelessoma

wirelessoma New Member

Hello,Is it possible to use our awesome nsg-mr1 remote with other TVs like a Sony Bravia TV? Thanks.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Sony would have had to add a hardware component and software to accept the corresponding radio signals to actuate your Bravia Television. They're not really big on adding features like this without advertising the option and selling it as an optional accessory.

3. George

George New Member

you can use it to some extent.. using the IR blaster's that come with the box. mine won't change the channel but will do volumbe.. but it will control the Dish Net box which it can change chanels on.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

My bad, I assumed they were talking about pairing the NSG-MGR1 from the Sony Internet TV with a Sony Bravia TV.

I'm guessing you're using a NSZ-GT1 instead. Have you tried all the compatible IR Blaster codes? Because you shouldn't have a problem changing your TV's channels if it can change the volume. Otherwise, I'd find it odd that you are trying to control a different TV with another Sony television.

5. wirelessoma

wirelessoma New Member

To clarify, I myself have a regular Sony Google TV setup with an nsg-mr1 remote.
    My parents have a Sony Bravia TV with a non-awesome remote. Their TV, as you're probably aware, is also capable of many internet services, but typing on that Bravia TV is such a chore.
    I was wondering if I could use my awesome nsg-mr1 remote to control their Bravia TV, such as typing into a youtube search field.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nope.