Quantcast

POP UPS taking over screen.

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by megb6806, May 20, 2014.

1. megb6806

megb6806 New Member

Hi. I have looking for a solution to my problem since a year ago and finally found this forum. Hopefully I would get somewhere from here.

OK. I use my Sony NSZ-GS7 just to watch News for the US in Spanish channels like Univision via amolatvHD.com and others from El salvador via salvatruchos.com., I 'm in Australia
    Whats happening is that as soon I start watching a TV channel and click to see it in full size a popup takes over and there is no way I can get rid of it, obviously if I am do it via a laptop then I would only hit the x button and it will go away, but watching tv online from the sony nsz-gs7 doesn't really help. My sony nsz-gs7 is set to block pop ups but I don't think it good at it.

I know that you can add the adblock extension to chrome on the web browser for laptops and PC but the chrome version on the nsz-gs7 doesn't allow it.

Is there any work around this issue?

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

I'd look into running Tomato on your router and putting in an ad block script into the router.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, Wi-Fi Adblocker should work. there is a thread here with a link to download the app. This is the only side loaded app I use and I like it really well.

4. megb6806

megb6806 New Member

Thank you for the replies. I'll try adding tomato (souce?) to the router and also I'll try the wifi option.
    Hope all goes well.