Quantcast

Poll: Which Device Do You Think Will Get Honeycomb 3.1 First?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by galfert, May 14, 2011.

?

Which Device Do You Think Will Get Honeycomb 3.1 Update First

Poll closed Sep 11, 2011.
  1. The Logitech Revue Will Get the Update First

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. The Sony Blu-ray and TV's Will Get the Update First

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Both Logitech and Sony On the Same Day Will Get the Update

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. galfert

galfert Active Member

UPDATE: Well this poll is now closed. We still have no Honeycomb on either Logitech or Sony Google TV devices. From the polling statistics it seems most people think the Revue will get the update first. Hopefully we will soon find out how right we were. This is the sort of thing that would influence a lot of people on what to buy. As soon we will all be clamoring for Ice Cream Sandwich.

Just for fun lets vote and then see if we were right or wrong as to which device will get the Honeycomb 3.1 update first.

Place your vote in the voting section above. Vote only for whom you THINK will get it first....don't vote for whom you WANT to get it first.

Feel free to add comments to this thread as to which way you voted and why.

This poll closes on Sept 11th 2011 just before the end of Summer as we know the update will come by this Summer.

Edit: In just a few hours we have a good many views to this thread but no votes! People please register so that you can vote...its free...create an account and participate!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. galfert

galfert Active Member

I voted for the Logitech Revue getting the update first because I feel Logitech was maybe a bit more of a premier partner with Google on the Google TV initiative.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Yeah, maybe but Sony has used Android on there Smart phones since 2009. Logitech only has Google TV.

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Just wanted to give this thread a bump and get more exposure as barely anyone voted.

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Another bump.. [​IMG]

I also think that the Revue will update first as well..[​IMG]
    I see it's 66% in that favor,
    time will tell...

6. galfert

galfert Active Member

Now that we have seen Honeycomb beta leak out for the Revue.....for those that haven't voted yet please vote and let us know what you think.

Maybe we can get more votes now too, since I'm sure we will be seeing a bunch of new people in this forum that took advantage of the new $99 price of the Revue.

7. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I'll double vote using this method here....
    I still think the Revue..... [​IMG]

8. tp76

tp76 New Member

I'll vote tonight but I am hoping for Sony GTV :)

9. tp76

tp76 New Member

Voted.....

10. galfert

galfert Active Member

Just a little over 12 days left to vote. Don't vote for whom you want to get the update first...but rather vote as to whom do you think will get the update first.

FYI: This doesn't mean we will have Honeycomb by Sept 11th...but rather that this voting will close on that date. We should have Honeycomb before the end of Summer as Google has stated...and the end of Summer is September 21st.

This is it. Honeycomb will be here very soon.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because you didn't list any tablets, like the Motorola Xoom.

Heh. My fingers are crossed, but I'm not holding my breath. [​IMG]

Google has missed at least four expected release periods for Google TV's participation in the Android Market. Most of us are at the point that if the Google CEO, Larry Page --himself, came over to our homes, slap us in the butt, and said it was going to be released tomorrow then the very notion would still be met with great skepticism.

If there's one thing you can be sure of, is that Google isn't ready to provide the Android Market to Google TV. And regardless of what the alleged release date happens to be or whom it is quoted by, they aren't going to release it until they are ready.

12. stuberman

stuberman Member

I voted that both platforms will come out at the same time. I assume Google would not want to have any more confusion within the Google TV space. I am still trying to catch up on the content on this site and have no idea how similar the Google TV hardware is between the Logitech Revue system and the Sony systems. (I have read the dissection articles on Revue comparing it to a netbook.) I also assume there are some hardware driver differences between Logitech and Sony which could cause one to be delayed.

13. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

I think revue will be first.

Reasons:
    1. Easier to do as its basically a PC
    2. More units sold

14. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 New Member

I voted for the Revue

1- i have Honeycomb on it now and it works great
    2- google has the update on their server for anyone to download if they choose (I can't find the link but others have mirrored it)
    3- the market somewhat works already. Some of the apps that they recommend for TV don't work because TVs are landscape, but many do. Also apps that aren't officially for the TV but work on Honeycomb in general have been proven to work. I think they just need the developers to test them more before "certifying" them. Amazon market for apps also works but it's more likely to have issues
    4- my account is officially linked with Google so they know I'm on Honeycomb and what apps I have.

It all smells to me like Honeycomb is ready. Now they just need to get over their cold feet and let it run free.

15. JeffR714

JeffR714 New Member

I'm voting and hoping that the Sony GTV will get the update first but what do I know I just want it period

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

16. garypen

garypen New Member

I used to live over there. But, I moved. So, I'm h
    Revue will get it first. Sony, maybe never.

-Logitech simply has a lot more at stake than Sony. They've got a lot of eggs in Google's basket. (It even cost their CEO his job.)
    -Logitech is a smaller, more agile company, better able to adapt the GTV OS to their HW platform.
    -The Revue is a simpler piece of HW than the Sony BD. (N/A to the Sony TV models)
    -Sony will probably take a wait-and-see attitude, possibly dropping GTV altogether. (If Google can't keep Vizio and Samsung on-board, how can they hope to keep Sony? I mean Vizio for cripes sake!)

17. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 New Member

Agreed on all counts.

Sony is doing what Sony wants to do. They had / have a few Google TV devices just as a test and for breadth of market share. The rumors were that the PS3 was going to get Google TV but Sony instead chose to go a different direction and give it their proprietary market place more in line with other Sony products. This speaks to me as Sony's decision on the future of Google TV. Sony wants to go it alone.

Logitech on the other hand needs Google to stay in this market. Without Google to cement their home theatre image it's pretty much back to making mice and trackballs.

18. galfert

galfert Active Member

UPDATE: Well this poll is now closed. We still have no Honeycomb on either Logitech or Sony Google TV devices. From the polling statistics it seems most people think the Revue will get the update first. Hopefully we will soon find out how right we were. This is the sort of thing that would influence a lot of people on what to buy. As soon we will all be clamoring for Ice Cream Sandwich.

19. galfert

galfert Active Member

WOW almost 90% of the people that voted were wrong (including me)! I can't believe Sony is getting the update first.

20. Donaldt

Donaldt New Member

I red in Logitech forum that they are mismanaged and have complicated software for Honeycomb. It make for big disappointment for Logitech customers for sure and me.