Quantcast

"Plugin Crash - Shockwave Flash" message

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Trendsighter, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Trendsighter

Trendsighter New Member

Brand new to the forum- This seems like a good place to share info and ask questions. I'm currently enjoying the Sony Blu-Ray player/Google TV on a new 46" Samsung LCD TV. I'm using only basic cable and have not hooked up my older (3 year) mac, yet.

Question #1. Has anyone else experienced a "Plugin Crash - Shockwave Flash" message when trying to view ads or sites with video?

Question #2. Is there a way to view FireFox instead of Chrome?

Best,
    Trendsighter

2. bobbalinks

bobbalinks New Member

I'm brand new to this site as well. I was looking for a place here to ask about exactly that. I find that the shockwave app fails VERY often and was wondering whether it was particular unit or this a problem with the Sony bluray player and google tv connection.

Its driving me crazy!

bobbalinks
    bobbalinks@gmail.com

3. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

I have a Sony 40'' TV i have the same problem. The flash plugin crashes very frequently and even killing all Google Chrome instances doesn't help, have to restart the TV to make it working again.

4. brandy

brandy New Member

I'm also having a problem with my new google tv, flash plugin crashes so much, I'm fed up, really need to know what to do, just bought it at Christmas, can't take it back. HELP PLEASE!

5. Vumes

Vumes New Member

It would "seem" that it is a Sony problem. My Logitech Revue does not experience this issue. Anyone else with a Sony or Logitech want to confirm this problem?

6. judyn

judyn New Member

We are learning to use our Sony 40" Google TV. Last night we were trying to watch The Closer from the TNT website. We got through the first segment and through the first LONG set of ads, then black screen. At one point, I think before the episode started, there was some teeny printing on the screen that had the word Flash in it. So I'm thinking there is yet another flash upgrade that the website thought it should have... I didn't want to start over, so we gave up and decided to watch it later from a computer hooked to a different TV. After that we successfully watched two different programs from Comedy Central. I figure they will update our systems and it will work...

It might be a clue that somebody knows about the problem because in TNT's case you have to go to the real website instead of the one for google TV to get the full episode.

So far I am very pleased despite a few glitches.

7. Vumes

Vumes New Member

judyn, do you have the Sony or Logitech device?

Edit:
    Doh! Nevermind. I see that you opened up by saying that you had the Sony TV. This is what happens when I don't have my glasses on. Grrr.

8. evanpcarter

evanpcarter New Member

This product sucks, honestly. Same issue here. Just spent 2 hours chatting with sony tech support and apparently you can't reinstall either chrome or the shockwave plugin. Great product google.

9. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    I got the latest Update, and now my YouTube Leanback keeps crashing :( I watch about 3-6 videos then it crashes the (Plug in) but Google Chrome plays videos just fine.

Anyone else having Leanback (Shockwave) fail ? :(

10. vix

vix New Member

I'm having this exact same problem. I'm sure it was the last update that was applied, It never did this before then. I sure hope that Google gets this thing worked out. So far I feel like I purchased a defective product. If this along with a host of other problems are not corrected by the end of this year I'm going to be getting rid of it and getting myself (Dare I say it) an Apple TV!

• Like Like x 2
  11. swaney3

swaney3 New Member

The last major update really hosed the flash plugin.. I get the crash almost 50% of the time I watch a video on Youtube or Vevo.

12. Annagyijjk

Annagyijjk New Member

I had the latest update, and now my YouTube videos crash Leanback see about 3-6 then hangs on (plug), but Google Chrome plays videos very well.

13. pdelisle22

pdelisle22 New Member

Having the same problem with a Sony NSX-40GT1. Just talked to tech support at Sony and it's a problem they are aware of and apparently it's a Google Chrome problem. They are hoping for Google to fix this in the next release.

14. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

same thing here on logitech google tv..my best friend is having the same issue on his sony logitech..think the summer update will fix this?
    I guess time will tell

15. daisyly2000

daisyly2000 New Member

come on guys be patient...

16. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

My Google TV(Logitech) crashes so much its made it an "art form" can this be fixed or can they stop it?

17. graman

graman New Member

06/28/11 - Just bought a Sony 32" Google TV and straight away can't watch the service (streamed Tour de France video) I bought it for due to the "Plugin Crash - Shockwave Flash" problem I see others have had. Netflix streaming (the other reason I bought this) seems to work well. Has anyone posted a solution to Shockwave crashing? I don't see it.
    -Thanks-

18. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

If you get the Shockwave crash try rebooting by pressing: Alt + Ctrl + DEL (After you reboot give the video another try).

19. graman

graman New Member

Thanks Catfishrivers -

Yes a reboot allows things to operate , for an hour or so, then the same problem emerges. This is not stable!

Is there a real (permanent) fix for this issue?

Thanx, graman

20. Emmer_z

Emmer_z New Member

So it isn't just me with this problem. Well actually, my friend has the Sony and I have the logitec through DISH. I am really not impressed at all. If someone finds out how to get the Shockwave Player, plz let us know.....