Quantcast

Plex no longer working after March update

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by brown8252, Apr 13, 2012.

1. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

I'm able to run Plex from the PC that the server is on, but since the Plex update in March, not from my Sony NSZ-GT1. It sees the Plex server, but when trying to connect it never does. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it twice and update to the latest version of the server, but still no luck.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried updating plex for google tv to last nights version and see if that fixes the problem.

3. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

Yes, I've got version 2.1.0.7 Rev 2107 (April 11, 2012 build date), but still will not connect. I just get the "Loading" with the blue circle, but it never does.

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried making a plex account at https://my.plexapp.com/ and then log in to plex using the web browser at http://localhost:32400/manage/index.html and click preferences , my plex and sign in with your my.plexapp.com info and after signed it click the publish my server option and then use the same my.plexapp.com info under the sign in option of plex for google tv app?

I know it sounds weird but that helped me in the past when google tv would not find my server.

5. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

I created another account, which I shared my original account content to; however, when I log into the GTV app with the second account it says "Signed in as" and its the name of first account. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but still get the same results.

6. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

Have you tried "wiping" your data? Or "clearing" your cache?

X

7. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

I've tried uninstalling the GTV Plex app both after clearing the cache and not, with no difference. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the server app by doing a simple uninstall and reinstall and by using Search everything and removing everything containing Plex after uninstalling, then reinstalling, with no difference.

I'm wondering if the "signed in as" is the original user name, since that was the one the the app was purchased with.

Should I be seeing the online Plex channels when connected to MyPlex with the GTV app? If so, I'm not getting that either.

8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Why are you creating another account, just delete the server on https://my.plexapp.com/servers if the server is not showing up anymore , then relog on your computer with plex on it and re-publish the server and see if that fixes the problem.

9. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

The server is showing up, I'm trying anything I can to try and be able to use the Plex GTV app. I was trying to find a way to log into a myplex account with my GTV app. Now I am unable to do even that. Even if I unchecked the find nearby servers option, my local server shows up and if I select browse, it tries to connect to it instead of the myplex account. Previously when I would log out and log back in with find nearby servers unchecked and selected browse I would see log into the myplex account. I would get three options, but no online plex channel options.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

What version of plex are you using as I just updated mine the other day and it did not say that it had an update, I just happened to check and an update was there. Open up the plex app and go to about plex under it's settings and it mine says it's version number is 2.1.0.8 and dated april 23 as the build date.

11. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

V 2.1.0.8
    April 23 2012

12. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

By the way when you log in to https://my.plexapp.com/servers is your server name red or green or yellow? It should be green when it's working right. If it's another color you can click the name and remove the server and then open up the plex media server and republish the server and see if that fixes your problems.

13. brown8252

brown8252 New Member

Thanks, that helped me figure out part of the problem anyway. It was red, so I tried to add content to my Plex server library, but when I selected any type of local media nothing happened. I switched from FireFox to Chrome and was then able to select my local media to add. After I added some media, I started the GTV app and it seems to work fine. I'm still not sure why I was unable to add media through FireFox, but anyway I've learned that you must have some of your media loaded to your Plex server library for the GTV app to work at all.

14. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The makers of plex released an updated server a day or 2 ago that fixes some problems. you can download it at Get Plex!

To see what was fixed check out the makers blog at Plex