Quantcast

Plex can cast videos from pc or android to the costar

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by herculese1, Dec 27, 2013.

1. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

So i have been waiting for Plex to give non plex pass members the ability to send plex content to chromecast. Last night i hit the cast button by accident and i noticed that my Google tv was an option as well as my chromecast. When i select my google tv it works! No need for the chromecast. Also till now if you wanted to cast a plex video from your pc you had to tab cast it. now if you go to plex.tv/web and log in there, there is a cast button that will let you send your videos to your costar or you chromecast and both work! pretty cool little find.

-Phil

2. brothersage

brothersage New Member

The plex app is $.99. The server app for the mac is free, so after that, its pretty simple to set up the server and get up and running.

3. Scoutx

Scoutx New Member

Plex is so close to my perfect app and the ultimate DLNA use case I could cry. I've tried everything out there, ps3ms, tversity, xbmc, u something.... they all had problems. XBMC was the hardware requirements and nothing else to be fair. Plex rules them all. The only thing that's sorta pissing me off is the plex plus junk. I'm a one time payment sort of person - so the monthly junk annoys me.

4. herculese1

herculese1 New Member

The plexpass features come for free soon after so it doesn't bother me too much. In their update yesterday if uyou uninstall plex and reinstall it it will allow you to cast to chromecast even if your not a plexpass customer even though they are not telling us that it works.