Quantcast

Plex app on Revue was perfect, not after update

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by karrun, Jan 19, 2012.

1. karrun

karrun New Member

I've posted this question everywhere I can think of, so far no response. I so want to get this fixed. Up until I did a market update of Plex for GTV, everything worked almost flawlessly. Now every time I try to play a file from my online queue or a channel, I get an error. I see my queue, but when I choose a file I get "Initializing Media Player", then eventually "Plex is having trouble finding the media file to play this item". My queue works fine with my other clients, and I have been able to view these files on other clients. I tried logging out in GTV Plex, and logging back in, clearing the cache, and restarting my Logitech Revue. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Plex, as well as removing and readding my online content.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sounds like the developers inadvertently released a bug. I would contact the developer (android@plexapp.com) to let them know of the issue.

3. karrun

karrun New Member

Last night I thought I was on to a solution. I logged onto myPlex and noticed that my server was red under the server link. When I clicked on it, it gave an offline message. I then went to my PMS under preferences and clicked on myPlex. I fooled around with the settings (can't remember exactly what I did) but when I went back to myPlex, the server was green. I thought I had it fixed! But no joy, same problem, even after force closing Plex and restarting.

I'll try writing to the developers. Thanks

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I use plex all the time on my sony google tv. What you should try doing is removing your tv or movie directory under plex on your computer running the plex server and then readd the directories and see if that fixes the problem. The reason I suggest this is the last update did not change much other then remove added stuff that would not play like hulu and netflix that people were adding to their server and having problems with.

Try removing one directory at a time and readding it , I would suggest the directory with the least amount of files . That way when you add it back you wont have much to re-scan and after adding it , try playing files from it.

5. karrun

karrun New Member

Well, I can try this with the channels, but since my queue is hosted on my.plexapp.com, there is no way to remove these on my PMS. I did try removing items in my queue on my.plexapp.com once and readding them, but that didn't do anything. But let me try the channel thing.
    Still haven't heard anything from the developers, sigh.