Quantcast

Please wait while we are loading

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Jwill89156, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jwill89156

Jwill89156 New Member

So late last night I get the popup saying the google tv has new firmware update, and needs to reboot, so I hit the reboot tab and TV shuts down and restarts, it take a while to update, it finishes and then reboots again, now the only buttons that work on the remote are the pore on and off button and the volume up and down, when you press the home button or the search button you get the " please wait while we are loading message", all other buttons do nothing, can't change channels, can't access the guide, can't access the menues, can't access the app screen, can't access nothing except volume up and down and power the tv on or off, has anyone else had this happen after the update, I'm unable to access anything on the tv to even know what version the firmware updated too, I'm just outta the warranty window and lg was less than helpful, thanks for any input you may have or suggestions, I did try to reprogram the smart remote to the tv and nothing happens, I also unhooked the power from the tv all night hoping it would reset.....

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

3. Lakedubvt

Lakedubvt New Member

I had to repair the remote when I received the update. First unpair by holding the home and back key for 5 sec then click the cursor key to repair

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

4. Jwill89156

Jwill89156 New Member

I tried to re pair the remote also, but the software still isn't loading, the tv acknowledge led lights up when I use the buttons on remote , it's just the power button and volume buttons that do anything, the tv will not change channels, and the menus button brings up the " please wait we are loading message". I can't get to the settings menus, apps or anything other that the one channel which it was on when the update originally restarted..... Any one else have any input? It appears as if the update didn't update or reload the google tv part ( android o s )

5. Jwill89156

Jwill89156 New Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to manually reset the software tru the tv buttons them selves? It's not allowing any menus to load so can't go into the menus to do a reset.....

6. Jwill89156

Jwill89156 New Member

Just got off the phone with the google tv department at LG, they informed me that all of there own google tv's in that department have also locked up with the update, and are having the same problem..... There is no fix at the moment as there working with Google to come up with a fix.....

• Like Like x 2
  7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. I hope that your situation has a successful resolution. I'm sure the LG GTVs are probably nice in many ways - but personally I would shy away from a TV that can be made non-functional through an update with no way to reset the TV. LG needs to have a factory reset button located externally on the TV. I believe the first generation Sony GTV televisions can be reset without going through on-screen menus. IMO this is a design flaw by LG ......

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  8. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i think i can help!

How to access boot menu

These steps are done on the touch sensitive buttons on the TV set
    1. Turn TV OFF
    2. With the TV off, place one finger on the 'Settings'
    3. Place another finger on 'Channel Down' (should look like a down arrow) - Both fingers should be on both buttons now
    4. Take finger off of 'Settings'
    5. Take finger off of 'Channel down' (looks like a down arrow)

Review - Finger on 'Settings', finger on 'Ch down', take finger off 'settings', then take finger off 'Ch down'

Once this is done the Boot menu should show up

Note= To exit this Menu press power on remote or TV and WAIT 10 seconds or more and the TV will turn off
    [​IMG]

Use the Vol+ or Vol- on the TV set to scroll through the list
    OR
    The youcan use the navigation buttons on remote (up, down, left, right)

Select 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Once you select factory reset..
    Scroll down and select 'YES - delete all user data'
    [​IMG]

You will see some yellow writing in the bottom left of the screen. When this is done, select 'Reboot system now'

[​IMG]

WAIT up to 1-2 min before the 'WELCOME' screen shows up.
    Note - the TV signal may show up before the welcome screen shows up. Just wait a few moments.

hopefully the pictures work...

NOTE = DO NOT CHOOSE ANYTHING ELSE IN THE BOOT MENU AS IT MAY BRICK THE TV.....BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jwill89156

Jwill89156 New Member

Thanks fomol620, your information worked like a charm, my tv is back up and running, pretty sad I had to find help here when LG shoulda known what to do.......

10. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

Actually LG gave me those steps lol

11. jeffpiercemagic

jeffpiercemagic New Member

fomol620, what other options show up in this boot menu?

Jeff

12. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member