Quantcast

PLEASE HELP TV Player force closing after update

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by speedywheelz123, Feb 16, 2013.

1. speedywheelz123

speedywheelz123 New Member

I have had my Co-Star for about a month now and really enjoy it. It IS buggy as we all know. I do have some android experience. I read the Co-Star tips and have installed the Task Manager and Cache Clearer. My Co-Star has been working well until yesterday when I got the update. It updated great but now whenever I want to simply watch live tv I get a black screen and a force close message which is like "Process tv player not responding" a:force close b:wait. So I cant play simple tv with my google tv. I hate to reset and lose my apps.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

IMO it sounds likely that you will need to do the factory reset. But first you can try rebooting by unplugging your Co-Star and see if that helps.

I have a Logitech Revue and through the settings I was able to have my apps backed up and restored (in case of factory reset). I've found that this works for apps that are officially compatible with my Logitech Revue - but sideloaded apps aren't restored.

I'm also able to sync my GTV bookmarks to my Google account so that my GTV bookmarks are restored in case I do the factory reset. This feature works well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Ya have to do a Factory Reset. You will not lose your Apps. All Apps Paid and free can be reinstalled after you restart the unit. The easiest way to get all Apps back is to go to the Google Play Store in Chrome. If ya never been there ya might have to sign in and click on 'My Apps.' The Play Store web page allows ya to view not only current apps you've installed, but all yer App history. Keep in mind, any App ya bought, ya own for the life of the App.

The update problem is quite common on GTVs no matter what unit ya have. W/most computer upgrades & patches the new software either replaces or overrides the existing software. For some reason Google TV updates are not replacing existing updates. Ya have two conflicting updates competing w/each other. You can try and Force Close each App affected. If the media player is the culprit, go into sys settings and uninstall recent updates.

But a Factory Reset is the best way to erase all updates to all Applications. Btw, ya might want to sync yer bookmarks & yer accounts. This way most of yer apps will show up after the reset.

Yer choice...

Carl

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Dang, Catfish

You beat me to the punch, again! I was still editing my post while you were writing yours.

Too funny...

Carl

5. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

If the menu comes up, go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications. Scroll down to TV Player app and Clear Data. Then launch Live TV again and see if it works. Good luck!

6. speedywheelz123

speedywheelz123 New Member

All I had to do was unplug it for 30 seconds. It worked after that.

• Like Like x 2