Quantcast

Please fix Shockwave crash

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jmburnzy, May 12, 2011.

1. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

I still am having shockwave crash in the middle of a video. mostly on Youtube leanback. Its nice to see all the new stuff expected this summer I just wish they would push down a fix for the shockwave crash issue. I did some research and it looks like it is a chrome 10 issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jmburnzy

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google TV is currently on a modified version of Chrome 5.

3. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

Wow version 5, thanks for the info Cat. pretty sure that is the problem.

4. bobbalinks

bobbalinks New Member

I've been using my Sony GTV for several months. I can't believe they haven't solved the chrome and Shockwave crash problems. I have them 5-10 times day. It's totally ridiculous. I've had to tell several friends not to get a GTV at this time. I hope the new version solves these problems and I can brag about this product.

I continue to use my GTV on a daily basis, but am very unhappy.

Bob

5. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

hopefully the new up coming browser will fix the crash issues

6. pdelisle22

pdelisle22 New Member

Stupidity never ceases to amaze. You would think that Google would have addressed the problem already, but I guess it's not serious enough that the plugin crashes continuously when watching Youtube which is the whole point of Google TV. Wake up Google and get this done already.

7. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    When my Shockwave crashes there is no way to report it to Google. So I don't know what they know about this problem. Does anyone have info if Google has this in there to do list for 3.1.

8. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

I have been able to send error reports a few times when it crashed. I also emailed their support department. Not that i'm expecting to hear anything. I figured they would at least post they are looking into it. Dissapointing.

9. pdelisle22

pdelisle22 New Member

The problem is much worst in youtube leanback than with the regular youtube.

To get rid of Youtube leanback do the following:
    Launch Chrome
    Click the MENU key
    Go to Settings
    Go to Privacy
    Clear data

Go back to Google Chrome and navigate to Youtube and you should be able to see the regular Youtube instead of the leanback version.

10. jmburnzy

jmburnzy New Member

Well just wanted to update this post. I have been running crash free for a while now. they must have put in a fix through on of the July updates'. And I love the added Redux channel!

11. amstel

amstel New Member

I bought my Sony Blu-Ray with Google TV in July 2011 and even with the automatic update during the setup process, I continuously get these Shockwave Plugin crashes. This started happening straight out of the box and has plagued me several times daily ever since. From the numerous posts on this going back to last year, it appears that I've bought a defective product. I cannot believe this is being marketed and sold given this critical defect.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  12. martyhyams

martyhyams New Member

No Fix yet, at least on my new GTV. Crashed 10 times last night and sometimes takes unplugging the TV to reset but that is not even 100%. Many of the Pod Casts listed do not play either. I should have listened to the Tech guys and payed more and went with the Samsung Smart TV. I went for the Sony because the lower price point came with the qwerty keyboard and the ability to control multiple devices through the remote.
    The Samsund price for 46"D8000 is now $1,700. Dropped down $1,100 from last fall.

13. martyhyams

martyhyams New Member

Also you have the ability to make the Samsung's USB wireless with
    [h=4]The LinkStick is a wireless USB 2.0 adapter that provides instant access to InfoLinkā„¢ supports PC streaming of pictures and videos. The link stick not only allows your Samsung TV to connect wirelessly to your home network to view photos and downloads movies[/h]

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google TV supports Adobe's Flash not Shockwave. You can tell the difference by clicking on the respective links in the first sentence from your Google TV.

Although, I agree Flash on my Sony NSX-24GT1 does not seem to be nearly as stable as it is on my Logitech Revue. And, it should be fixed.