Quantcast

Please Confirm: I *do not* need a cable receiver/signal in order to use a Sony Gtv

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jmccw, Oct 17, 2011.

1. jmccw

jmccw New Member

I have searched and looked but couldn't find anything directly answering this.

I just moved into a new apartment and want to buy a Sony Gtv and use it with a wifi connnection only. (Cable tv is too costly for me right now).

Is this possible and/or reliable? I may get an antenna for OTA local channels in the future.

I appreciate your time and your help. Take care.

2. axne1

axne1 New Member

No cable needed. Just a high speed internet connection. Netflix subscription would be nice. And yes you can hook up a antenna for local channels.

HTC Evo 3d

3. Donaldt

Donaldt New Member

If you are going to buy the television Sony Google TV branded Internet TV not the Bravia line then all you need is your OTA coax antenna, internet access through wifi or ethernet, and a electrical outlet. The televisions come with a built in tuner for cable and over the air but the bluray player with GTV does not and would need another box with a built in tuner and HDMI out to support OTA through it. You do not need to have an antenna or cable at all if you want to use that as a stand alone device. It is only needed if you want to integrate the GTV features with broadcast television.

4. jmccw

jmccw New Member

Thank you both for your help on this. Take care.