Quantcast

Playing Sirius on google-tv or other radio

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by unabomber, Feb 23, 2011.

1. unabomber

unabomber New Member

so I cant figure out how to do sirius yet, I must be missing braincells.

Well, via chrome I suppose, but it sounds like a pain in the ass.

2. rpcollins

rpcollins New Member

without having looked into it much, i would assume the chrome route is the only option at the moment, until the app market comes along for google tv. because i dont believe there is an API for xm/sirius out there that would allow somebody to create a google tv optimized website for it. So, i think that's you're only option for now, to just go to the website. and i havent tried that yet, so i dont know if, or how well, that even works.

3. looknow12

looknow12 New Member

But there new player uses some heavy scripting and the tv is doing all it can to keep up. If you can select a channel you most likely can get it playing. But over time, working with the channel changing interface, the browser will crash.

So long story short, if you listen to one channel and have 20 minutes to be patient with the web page, you can probably get it playing. The older Sirius player (before they upgraded it) might have been easier.

4. looknow12

looknow12 New Member

Any idea when they plan to open the store? I have a Sony Google TV

5. harley man

harley man New Member

google said spring of 2011 for app market to open almost there!!!

6. glampGtv

glampGtv New Member

Well, Spring 2011 came and went, but the Sirius Android Application does not work with GoogleTV currently. It will come up in chrome and you can attempt a download, but it will not install. The market does not list it. The Chrome Browser/Flash can not handle the streaming on my Sony GoogleTV. Here is my solution for you. Get tversity on a PC and keep it up and running as a DLNA server. Then download the SiriusXMStreamer at permanence.com. There is another sirius streamer xmtuner.net, but the naming/channel line up has some issues. Otherwise the quality of the streaming is really good for both. This works for me, since I have a GoogleTV and a LG tv that supports dlna. Getting the stream to start sometimes takes some fiddling around, that is you have to start/stop and then restart the channel. Once it is up and running, it stays up with excellent quality for hours. Just wish it was easier to navigate between channels. The solution is fine if you tend to stay on one channel for hours at a time and don't hop around. I hope Sirius fixes the app for GoogleTV as it would be better. DLNA also lacks the ability to display the current song, you just know the channel.