Quantcast

playing content from iTunes on TV?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by stingystooge, May 29, 2012.

1. stingystooge

stingystooge New Member

I realize that there is no way to get iTunes on GoogleTV yet. I was wondering if there was a way to wirelessly stream what is playing on my laptop onto my GoogleTV (Obviously Audio and Video). I'm assuming if there is no good way to do that, I will have to manually connect my laptop to my TV through cables? My GoogleTV and Laptop are both on the same wireless network.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Perhaps one of the methods mentioned in this article would work for you?

3 Wireless Ways to Connect Your Laptop to Your TV — Online Video News

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think this next option is specifically what you want - but it's related so I'll mention it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5icm9jaG9zLnR2YSJd

"Airtight brings Airplay functionality to your Google TV. It's Airplay functionality for your Google TV!
    Stream videos and pictures from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iTunes directly to your TV."

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

OK I just came across these instructions and I think they might be of use to you. (Sorry I don't have a laptop to test it myself):

Being Mayank: Google Chrome to Google TV: send links from your laptop or pc to your Google TV

"This cool feature that connects your laptop or pc to your Google TV devise has not been talked or written about in detail, therefore, I am writing about it so more people can take advantage of it.

Below are few steps using which you will be able to send links of websites and videos to your Google TV from Chrome Browser in your laptop.

1. Download Google Chrome browser to your laptop or pc if you haven't already.

2. Download "Google Chrome to Phone Extension" from Chrome Web Store. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...m_source=en-ha-na-us-sk-ext-ctp&utm_medium=ha

3. Sign into the extension using your Google account.

4. Turn on your Google TV and Go to SETTINGS app > INPUT DEVICE > CHROME TO TV and sign in using the same Google account you used for the extension.

5. Now, whenever you come across a website that you want to send to your Google TV over the air, simply press "Google Chrome to Phone Extension" in your Chrome browser and your links will fly instantly to your tv. "

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I play itunes to my google tv all the time. I use plex media server to stream Itunes and podcasts to my tv all the time with the plex app. Long as the itunes are drm free they will usally stream with plex.

If you don't want to use plex you can use google music manager and upload your itunes collection up to 20,000 songs I think to Google music server and stream your itunes that way as well.

5. fkasten

fkasten New Member

It's simple. Twonky Server on PC and Avia on Google TV. Works like a champ.

6. mcstraycat

mcstraycat New Member

I use an apple tv box. $99. Streams my music, photos and video.