Quantcast

Play Store Can't Launch

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by MSmithGTV, May 23, 2013.

1. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

My Co-Star had been running well, but suddenly 2 weeks ago it started prompting error after error after error, regarding different processes that had crashed. Also, a bunch of my apps, including the Play Store, no longer had an icon (it's spot was still on the screen and the words still there, but no icon) and when you clicked on them, nothing would happen. Tried resetting the apps, but didn't help. Tried pulling the power, but didn't work.

So, finally I reset the software back to original. I set it back up and things were working. Three days later and my Plex crashed and wasn't working and I got a couple of those errors again. I pulled the plug and popped it back in. Now, my Play Store once again can't launch, and once again there's a spot for it, but no icon present. Same is true for Plex. When you click on either one, nothing happens. I even tried purchasing Serenity through a PC web browser and telling it to install on my Vizio, but it never showed up. Yesterday I got prompted for the latest software update. I let it run, but both Play Store and Plex still can't load and still don't show an image for an icon.

What's the deal and what can I do?

Thanks

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

Ok, after a reboot, both PlayStore and Plex are now completely gone. Grrrr...The darn Vizio had finally started working well. I'd say you get what you pay for, but so far I actually haven't.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

My Logitech Revue Play Store functionality (can't download apps) has gone bonkers also. Although it's hard to pinpoint the specific cause. One thing I noticed is that before/during update rollouts sometimes things get a little "weird" on GTV.

4. Ignite023

Ignite023 New Member

I've been having the exact same issue for some time now.. Let me know if you find anything.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

5. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

I ended up doing a reset again. But this time, I did a reset by sticking a toothpick into the small reset hole on the bottom of the unit. Just did it last night so I'm not yet sure if the problem is going to return. I'll post back if it does.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Let's not be to fast, I don't believe this is a Vizio problem, but more so a Google problem ... A lot of people on other websites are having the very same issues, some are doing hard resets without the issues being fixed, other are not doing hard resets, so let's be patient ... A word of advice, always do a bottom hole reset with a wire paperclip, (the hole is grounded) ....

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  7. Ignite023

Ignite023 New Member

Just did the update to the new version, can't say if the force close issue is fixed but Plex force closes now and is non functional. Both Plex and Plex Pass.

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

No problems with Plex here ... Strange stuff is going on today with Google TV set top boxes ...

9. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

OP Here. Well this is just great...problem has gotten way worse. Now when I click the V button so that I can launch an app, I just get an error message that vizio's launcher app has crashed. This is after doing both a soft reset and wipe and a physical one (by hitting the reset pin on the unit). Just sucks because I love the ui and I love google tv. But Vizio clearly has screwed up this product.

10. Ignite023

Ignite023 New Member

FYI I ended up getting a new device and it works without issue. So you may have a defective device like I had.

11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I suggest setting a static IP. Also go to settings and force stop & clear data from the launcher app. Also reboot your router.