Quantcast

Play Music - Unable to playback

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by slamroc, Sep 23, 2012.

1. slamroc

slamroc New Member

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Sony standalone box pretty much just to stream my Google Music collection. When using the app, I usually get only one or two songs out of a playlist before an error window pops up saying "unable to playback". This has happened every time for the last week or two since I bought the box. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Music, and tried both through wireless connection and wired ethernet.

Anybody have any ideas or tips about this?
    Thanks!

2. zerozed

zerozed New Member

I have the Vizio Co-Star, which--other than RAM--is basically the same device as the Sony. I use the Google Music app to stream music for hours each day with no problem. You didn't mention whether your GTV box was connected via wireless or ethernet. If you are using a WiFi setup, that might be your problem (my android tablet and phone have this problem intermittently). My GTV is hooked up with an ethernet over powerline adapter...which so far has worked awesome.

3. rhippler

rhippler New Member

I am getting this error also pretty annoying. I am on a wired network and have 0 issues with video so I know it isn't a bandwidth problem. I did submit a bug report to Google. I can usually restart the song and it will play fine. FWIW this happened on my phone also so it may be the latest version of the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4. slamroc

slamroc New Member

This happens to me both with wired and wireless connection.
    Everything works fine on my phone though.
    Very upsetting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using Tapatalk 2