Quantcast

Plasma TV over fireplace

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Boomn4x4, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

I just installed a ventless gas fireplace above it I mounted my 50" plasma. Between them is a mantle that extends out about 10".

I've been reading up as to how bad this is for the tv and seem to be getting biased reviews. The general consensus is that the heat will destroy the TV....however, it doesn't seem like any of them have ever actually done it. The few people who have done it seem to have experienced no problems. So, I'm really looking for more input especially from people who have done it.

A little back ground, I did do a temperature test last night. After running the fireplace for about 4 hours I check the temps. Directly above the mantle it was 85°. The surface of the bottom of the TV was 93°. The middle of the glass was 100° and the top of the glass was 108°. The manufactures specs ours the operating temp makes out at 105°.

Any thoughts from anyone with experience?

Sent using TapaTalk

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Simple answer w/out any tests or experimentation. Heat and electronics never go well. A 50" television I take it cost more than the fireplace??? Ventless means the heat MUST rise to escape.

Just saying...

Carl