Quantcast

Picture OUT of picture - which devices?

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by Scoutx, May 1, 2013.

1. Scoutx

Scoutx New Member

I have a revue, and am eyeing the Hisense because it supposedly has pOp and not just PIP like I'm used to. Does the Co-Star or Asus or anything else have this feature? I cant' find much information about it. I do however know I would love to have my security camera's up in the corner of live tv ala the opposite of PIP.

Thanks!

2. thedude

thedude Member

Why not just pull up the camera feed on a smartphone or tablet and keep that handy?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

3. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

None of them have PoP.

4. Scoutx

Scoutx New Member

Typically that's what I do, but the POP sounded really cool from a not have to carry around another device standpoint.

And... I should have clarified, my security camera's are really baby/toddler monitors for the next few years until they are re-purposed for security.

I thought the HiSense specifically listed POP?

#3 in the product features on amazon

I ended up buying a CoStar as my second and it definitely doesn't have it - like Jarhead says.

5. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

What do you think PoP is?? Not sure how it correlates to having to carry another device?

The Pulse says it has it, but it doesn't. Or if it does, they don't tell you how to use it.

6. Scoutx

Scoutx New Member

My other device correlation was in regards to the post above yours.

In my head, as I've never seen it, PoP is the opposite of the way most GTV's do PiP, eg.. you can have a small screened GTV app overlayed on large screened Live TV. Thanks for the info on the Pulse, that's what I interested in.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

That would be PiP. PoP is basically a split screen. So you have 2 large images in one screen, both the same size.
    You can already do the small gtv app in a large Live TV screen (PiP). Which is what you want to do it sounds like.
    Even better, you can use the "overlay" apps to display the cameras on top of live tv if you can write code. I believe the overlay apps are all opensourced from the maker, can't remember his name now, Lionsoft or something like that??

8. Scoutx

Scoutx New Member

Thanks for the information - I am looking into the overlay apps. I will write something if I need to.
    edit: I found that app, thanks https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.entertailion.android.overlay

I can't seem to enable that on the Revue or CoStar. Is that a HiSense Pulse only thing?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  9. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

Nope, I said that backwards. Only live tv will be in the PiP so that's why you need to carry around another device. :eek:
    Sorry bout that.

10. Scoutx

Scoutx New Member

No worries, I'm just glad it wasn't there all along and I was missing it. I need to play around with that overlay app still.