Quantcast

Picked up the Sony Blu-ray with Google TV yesterday

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by adamjackson, Jan 6, 2017.

1. adamjackson

adamjackson New Member

So far I've been enjoying the experience. The universal search is very cool. I typed in "The Office" and was presented with streaming choices, both free and paid, an episode that was on TV at the moment and links to information about the show. Clicked on the entry for the episode that was airing currently and my cable box went right to it.

Flash video on websites works very well. I was watching a few web shows that I've mostly been squinting at on a laptop or phone all this time. They looked good, even on a 55" TV.

Setup was moderately difficult due to Comcast's DRM on their HDMI-equipped boxes, but I knew it was going to be an issue going in. The IR blasters (there are two on one cable, in a "Y" formation starting at the plug so they can be pretty far apart, were easy to set up, and the keyboard/remote works the cable box, amp and television nicely. I wasn't too sure about the form factor of the remote compared to the Logitech, but after I got used to it I think it like it better than the idea of a keyboard on my lap. It has an optical trackpad that you operate with your right thumb.

Right now, I would say that the price is a little high, but I have yet to play with it enough to find a lot of content. Once I started digging in I found a lot of good streaming radio and some great podcasts that I've downloaded as audio in the past, but hadn't watched as video podcasts.

I found that it really was like using my computer to consume media, except that i was really enjoying the experience of sitting back and watching everything on a big screen. Chrome works very well, by the way, and was rendering heavy websites quickly. Any Flash content on the sites was working exactly as it should, with the exception of NBC's videos, which were causing errors in Chrome.

Tags: tonos de llamadas gratis, samsung ringtones, sonidos para celular, funny ringtone free downloads

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

** I found that it really was like using my computer to consume media, except that i was really enjoying the experience of sitting back and watching everything on a big screen. Chrome works very well, by the way, and was rendering heavy websites quickly. Any Flash content on the sites was working exactly as it should, with the exception of NBC's videos, which were causing errors in Chrome. **

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eh I'm calling bullsh*t. I don't know what your game is but it's obvious to me that your're some kind of troll. You do know that Sony Google TV is on Chrome 11 and no longer supports Flash? Flash 10.2 might still work on Google TV but that is an outdated version. The current version of Chrome is Chrome 55 - so I'm sure your outdated Chrome 11 browser with outdated and unsupported Flash is just zipping along there buddy..... Oh and it must work especially great on those "heavy websites" you mentioned (considering the RAM issue Google TV has). Also the TV networks block the Google TV Chrome browser - so your claim that they all work good (except) NBC is obviously false.

This adamjackson character is the same guy that claims he recently bought a Sony NSZ-GS7 at Best Buy - and that Best Buy is touting them as the top internet TV device on the market. (Best Buy no longer sells them) - He also claimed the $4/mo enhanced Dish Network integration works great on his recently bought Sony 40" Google TV (Dish Network dropped support for the enhanced integration in late 2013).

Sony Internet Player with Google TV - NSZ-GS7

Sony Google TV controlling a Dish Network receiver in another room?

Sony Internet (Google) TV and Dish DVR's

Something doesn't add up here.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017