Quantcast

Photo viewing app for network content

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by law086, Apr 9, 2012.

1. law086

law086 New Member

Hi folks,

I'm looking for an app suggestion. I want something that I can use to view photos from a Windows network resource. I'm a bit flexible with how I'd deliver the content... but something like SMB would be ideal. I can't stand the Logictech Media client (I have a revue)... I use Plex and I can get it to work, but the UI for photos is a bit clunky for me. I like the Android photo app, but that can't serve up network resources unless it's coming from Picassa - that's not ideal due to speed of downloading high res photos. I also don't want to connect an external hard drive to the revue, because that will be a PITA for adding photos and accessing them from Windows machines.

Thanks!

2. bobby.hawk

bobby.hawk New Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Why does Google TV need to block network access?
    I'd like to use the Android Photo app to display my photos where I have them saved on a network drive.
    So I'm thinking... the Photo app can use a local USB flash Drive.
    So what if this Local USB Flash Drive had Wi-Fi built in... then I could leave it in the TV and copy my best photos over to it as needed.
    Search for www engadget com /2010/08/01/infinitec-opens-pre-orders-for-infinite-usb-memory-drive-tout
    Has anyone tried something like this?

Bob