Quantcast

Parse Error - Sideloaded Application

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by guest, Nov 4, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I just sideloaded AnchorFree Hotspot Shield. The download is complete. When I click on the application, it says "parse error". Can someone tell me how to correct this?

2. guest

guest Active Member

http://www.hotspotshield.com/ For Android usage, it says this: "If for any reason you are not able to install Hotspot Shield from the Google Play Store, please send an email with the subject line "android" to android@afshield.com and you will receive an automatic response with the latest Hotspot Shield APK and instructions how to install it on your android device."

So the only way this APK can be installed is via an e-mail attachment. Trying to solve this problem, I went to gmail settings and switched to Unicode for outgoing messages. This was recommended as a solution. I also tried using Yahoo Mail. The attachments sent to the two e-mail addresses, from android@afshield.com , continued to show a parsing problem. Actually, the Yahoo Mail attachment didn't correctly download - after Yahoo's Norton virus check. This "parse error" isn't a Google TV problem.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012