Quantcast

Pandora Not Working

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by thmedia, Jul 23, 2012.

1. thmedia

thmedia New Member

I've had my NSZ-GS7 for about 3 weeks now, and up until today Pandora worked fine. Now every time I launch the app it says "Sorry, you are not authorized to perform this action". I've cleared out all the app data, and deleted everything associated with pandora from the drive but it still happens. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a way to factory reset the device?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm having the same problem with Pandora on my Logitech Revue - so the problem is with the app itself and not the new Sony box.

However in the mean time I'm able to sign into the regular web version of Pandora and use it just fine:

Pandora Internet Radio - Listen to Free Music You'll Love

3. thmedia

thmedia New Member

Thanks for the reply, you're right because I just did factory reset, and the problem was not resolved. Guess I should've held off on the reset... since its a problem with the app. Pandora in the browser is all good for me too

4. CatfishRivers

OK I did a bit more testing and unfortunately with the web version of Pandora the music stops when I leave the Pandora site to web surf.

However the other day I posted a thread about iHeart Radio and NPR - and I mentioned a simple procedure to follow that allows those 2 sites to continue playing as I web surf. The same procedure doesn't work for the Pandora web site. However iHeart has a feature where you can create custom stations - much the same as with Pandora. The NPR web site also has a nice selection of music, radio stations, news and talk shows. Here's a link to the thread I posted with instructions:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...sion/5704-iheart-radio-gtv-spotlight-app.html

5. aagvain

aagvain New Member

Same issue with Pandora....get the error with the app but using chrome on gtv works

6. CatfishRivers

I found a way to get the Pandora app working again.

Click home key - then click "all apps" - then long press on Pandora app. Next click "application information". Next click "uninstall updates".

This will revert the Pandora app back to the original version that came with GTV.

Now sign in to the Pandora app and it works fine. I tried going back again to the current version of Pandora (through Google Play Store) - but the current version is still not working.

7. thmedia

thmedia New Member

Thats good advice. However, for those of us who did a factory reset in the past couple of days, that uninstall latest version won't be available.
    So... with Google Play Music gone, and Pandora not working, I'd say the NSZ-GS7 is pretty worthless as a music device right now -- keeping fingers crossed for updates to both soon.

8. aagvain

aagvain New Member

Wouldn't a reset restore the Pandora app to the original version as app updates are stored in /data/app not /system/app/

Btw thanks for the fix...will try when I get home

9. Deereman

Deereman New Member

My Sony Google TV Pandora app stopped working last night. I just uninstalled the updates to it and it works again (after logging in again).

It version that did not work displayed 1.3.1 in the lower right corner.

10. aagvain

aagvain New Member

1.3.1 started working again for me today

11. halox

halox New Member

Pandora seems to be playing nice for me today on my GS7. As for Google Play Music, luckily I had backed up an APK of the app when it was still called just "MUSIC" back in the day. It's working fine, but I obviously can't update it. I sure hope it's something that can be fixed soon.

12. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Don't forget for users that can't get the pandora app to work with their tv but are able to use Playon.tv with their google tv that Playon allows you to put your Pandora user name and password to let you listen to Pandora with playon if you need a temporary fix.